Windows Defender (64-bit)
- In English
Computers are an essential part of our day to day life, for our every work we are highly dependent on our computer systems. We store our audio, video, images and information. We also store files, document, pdf, our confidential data in our PC/Laptop. All this data is essential and should be protected. You can keep a password to lock your system; this will protect your system externally and will prevent someone else from accessing your PC/Laptop physically. But all this protection is not enough; there is still a risk of accessing your PC/Laptop digitally via the Internet. So to protect your data from any such attack, you can install Windows Defender in your PC/Laptop.
Windows Defender is a Microsoft product which was released in 2005; this software is an anti-malware component that detects and prevents any malicious event in your PC/Laptop. Windows Defender initially only protected your system against spyware; after a few updates, this software provides many features to protect our computer system. This software also provides real-time security and looks out for changes that have been caused by spyware. You can also use Microsoft SpyNet and report any spyware which you notice directly to Microsoft; this is one the best feature by this software. This software scans all the applications that you download, files you download, drivers you download, and if any malware is found, it alerts you. This software has an anti-malware engine and uses virus definition from Microsoft Security Essential (MSE). You can also control the settings of Windows Defender with the help of Windows Defender Security Center
Feature of Windows Defender
- Pre-installed in Windows 10- This software is pre-installed in Windows 10, which provides you with additional features like Windows Hello facial login and biometric logins, anti-virus protection, and more security than ever.
- No Hidden Cost- This software provides all the features with no hidden cost and protects your computer system from all the threats.
- Files are secured and accessible from anywhere- This provides a feature called OneDrive where your store your files and keep them protected. You can also access these files from anywhere.
- Manage your Privacy- This software provides account setting panel from where you can set your location, camera and data usage setting.
How to download and install Windows Defender?
- 1- Just click on the download button and select a location where you want to download the file.
- 2- After the download finishes, open the Windows Defender folder and extract the content from it.
- 3- Now open the Windows Defender folder and double click on the Windows Defender file.
- 4- Now an installation window appears, now agree to License Agreement and select a location for installation.
- 5- It will take a few minutes to install Windows Defender, click on Finish button after installation.
- Pre-installed in windows 10.
- No hidden charges.
- Complete protection for your files, system, and data.
- You cannot scan a specific folder.
App Name: Windows Defender (64-bit)
OS: Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10
Latest Update: 2020-12-02
Developer: Microsoft Corporation
User Rating: 4.08