Version: 1.56 Filesize: 10.43MB
- Open Source
- In English
Start8 is developed by Stardock Inc. and has the primary purpose of customizing the Start Menu of a Microsoft Windows PC. The software is useful for people who are using the Windows 8 operating system. According to Microsoft itself, the Windows 8 operating system (OS) was a failed operating system and did not please their customers. This was also the reason why Microsoft Corporation skipped developing Windows 9 and jumped to Windows 10, which was to show the users how much they've changed Windows 10, and it is incomparable to Windows 8/8.1. As the Start Menu button's disappearance was the cause of unrest of many of the Windows users, some companies started making software like Start8, which gave the users an option.
Windows 8/8.1 users mostly use Start8 because the software customizes the Start Menu button and makes it look like the one present in Windows 7. This Start Menu enables you to access your devices, application, music, documents, videos directly from it, unlike the Start Menu of Windows 8. The software combines the traditional Start Menu with the Modern UI, which means you do not have to compromise on the OS's functioning and can still continue using the typical Start Menu button on the home screen.
- The software's primary feature is that it can add the Start Menu button of Windows 7 to the desktop screen of Windows 8.
- The Start Menu button, which is added to the operating system, is not the Windows 7 version old Start Menu but is enhanced to suit the Windows 8.
- You are also given the choice to customize the apps being shows in the Start Menu, and you can also pin some software on the top that is most used by you.
- You don't have to separately boot the software or boot your computer in Windows 7; you can directly bot your software in Windows 8, and the Start Menu will be booted along with it automatically.
How to download Start8 on your PC?
- 1. To download and install Start8, click on the following download button, which will instantly start the download process. Click on the Start8 downloaded setup file, which will begin the installation process.
- 2. Now you will be shown a welcome note when the wizard starts. Click on Next to go to the next window, where you will find the End User's Agreement. Click on I Agree button to continue with the Start8 installation process. On the next screen or window, you will be asked for a specific location to save the installation files.
- 3. Either continue with the location is given or add one manually. Now the final process will take place; when it is done, click on Finish to exit the setup as the installation process is complete.
- 4. Start8 is ready to be used; open the software to customize it as per your needs.
- All the customizations are useful
- An outstanding compromise between Start Menu and a Modern UI
- Traditional Windows 7 or wide Windows 8 menu
- Automatically matches with the color of the taskbar
- Only 30-day trial available for free