Version: 4.2.07 Filesize: 264MB
- Open Source
- In English
It is highly flexible for developers owing to its document data model. Also, it provides excellent scalability due to its distributed architecture. Applications that manage large volumes of data don't fit relational databases. For such applications, NoSql databases such as MongoDB is an excellent choice because of their horizontal scalability and ability to handle data structures. Subdocuments and arrays in MongoDB enhance better performance and avoid needing multi-document transactions.
MongoDB has a file size of 34.8 MB. It is supported by Windows 10 64 bit, Windows 10, Windows 8 64 bit, Windows 8, Windows 7 64 bit, Windows 7, and Windows Vista 64 bit. The company behind MongoDB was initially founded in 2007 as 10gen. The latest version of MongoDB 4.4.2.
- It is an Expressive Query Language that lets you manipulate your data in sophisticated ways.
- It provides the latest up-to-date data to its user and thus is highly consistent.
- It supports ad-hoc queries, which help in optimized and real-time analytics.
- You can split larger datasets across multiple distributed collections or “shards,” which allows the database to distribute and better execute.
- You can deploy multiple servers for disaster recovery and backup, thus avoiding various potential points of failure.
How to download and install MongoDB on your PC?
- 1. Just click on the download button and select the location where the MongoDB file will be downloaded.
- 2. After the downloading process is completed, open the downloaded file.
- 3. Now click the next button and then click on the "agree" button.
- 4. Installation process will take a few minutes, so be patient.
- 5. Now click on the finish button and run the MongoDB application. And did not need any additional requirement
- Scheme less database, which makes it flexible.
- A vast amount of data can be stored by distributing it to several servers connected to the application.
- Features like replication and gridFS result in increased data availability in MongoDB.
- The environment is easy to set up and comes with a full technical support system.
- It has high memory usage.
- Joins are not supported as in relational databases.
- Document size of limited to 16 MB