Version: 4.4 Filesize: 5.21MB
- In English
IZArc is a file archiving software developed by a programmer from Bulgaria Ivan Zahariev and is designed for Microsoft Windows. The program does not have an open-source but is a freeware. It is capable of opening files of 48 formats some of the well-known ones are RAR, TAR, ZIP, GZ, BZIP, and 7-ZIP. The software as integrating capability and gets combines with the Windows Explorer. It also comes with a virus scanner so that you don't have to worry about gets your PC infected with a virus when you open an archive or a compressed file. The software can also convert a CD image file format to a standard image format.
IZArc also has a portable version known as IZArc2Go which has all the functions and features same as the full version but doesn’t include the explorer ‘shell-menu’ and the capability to associate files with the software. The software has also received many awards from well-known download sites like the SnapFIles, FileTransit, Softnews, WebAttack and Softpedia for being able to open files of many formats and also because of the user-friendly interface that the software has.
- Using IZArc is very easy and straightforward if you want to open a specific archive or file you can do it in three ways; one is by double-clicking on the file, and it will directly open in the software. The second method is dragging and dropping the file into the software window, and the software will automatically open it. The third method is to open it with the standard Open dialogue box.
- The drag and drop Windows interface is fully supported, you can open an archived file just by dropping it on the open software window. And suppose you want to open an archived file directly in an application pick the file from the IZArc window and drop it in the target software. In that case, IZArc will open it before dropping it, and the target software will treat the files as if they were dropped from the Explorer or My Computer.
- The software is capable of many functions such as – creating an archive, extracting or adding files into an archive, deleting archive, and even converting and repairing an archive.
- The software can also search for any file in several archives, it supports CD/DVD images of many formats like BIN, NRG, MDF, IMG, CDI, PDI, C2D and ISO, and can also convert CD images to other formats.
- You can even mark your favourite folders, obtain a lot of information from an archived file such as the path, size, or compression rate. The software also supports both short and long 8.3 filenames. The software is capable of integrating into the Explorer context menu, and directly opening files by double-clicking on them.
- Along with the information from the archive, you can also see the comments that may be present in the archive. With this software disk spanning is also possible to and from multiple external drives and other media.
How to download on PC (Windows)?
- 1. Click on the download button given on the top right corner of the age to start the download of IZArc setup.
- 2. After the setup has been downloaded, search for IZArc setup files in your browser's default Downloads folder.
- 3. Once you find the file, double-click on it to start the installation process
- 4. The installation wizard will show you the License Agreement, click on I Agree to continue with the installation process.
- 5. The wizard will ask you to specify the location of installation, change the path as per your preference or click on Continue to continue with the installation.
- 6. Once the program is installed successfully, you can exit the setup.
- 7. Your IZArc is ready to archive files.
- Simple interface
- Outstanding integration with Explorer
- Supports several formats
- Number of utilities
- Low compression rate