- Open Source
- In English
If you’re someone who is into PC gaming and you like to play games from the 90s, then you must agree that there were two most defining moments for shooting games that decade. First in 1993 when Id software released Doom and second in 1998 when Valve software released Half-life. Half-life is one of the most influential and groundbreaking FPS games ever made. It’s a game that is still being played to this day with an assortment of mods and spin-offs still populated with substantial fan bases.
Half-life is a first-person shooter video game developed by Valve and published by Sierra Studios for Microsoft Windows in 1998. In half-life, you take on the role of Gordan Freeman, just a typical theoretical physicist working in the fictional Black Mesa Research Facility. It’s a normal day for Gordon up until a routine experiment goes wrong and a portal to an alien world is opened up unleashing the swarms of the nasties into the facility.
His hazardous environment suit or HEV protected him, he beings a long journey fighting all manners of aliens and hostile soldiers. Along the way Gordan can also be aided by the members of the science & security team, sometimes these guys are even essential in progression as they’re needed to unlock security doors and so forth.
Half-life runs on the Gold Source engine, which looks like a modified Quake II engine and it allows us some cool looking particle effects despite low polygon models and blurry textures.
As you will play this game, you will feel very nostalgic as this game was developed in 1998 and is one of the most famous and influential games.
This game is not just a first-person shooting game; it has a good storyline. This storyline adds more fun to the game while playing it.
Modest System Requirement
You don’t need a high-end system to enjoy playing this game. You just need 96 MB of RAM, 16 MB of video memory, and a single-core CPU of 500MHz.
This game has a multiplayer feature and provides different modes to play in. All these features enhance your gaming experience.
How to download and install Half-Life?
- 1. Just click on the download button and select a location where the file will be downloaded.
- 2. After the download finishes, open the Half-Life folder and extract the content from it.
- 3. Now open the Half-Life folder and double click on the Half-Life game.
- 4. Now an installation window appears, now agree to the License Agreement and select a location for installation.
- 5. It will take a few minutes to install the game, Click on Finish button after installation.
- No need for high-end devices to play this game.
- First, five chapters of the game are free.
- Excellent gaming experience with a storyline.
- After the first five chapters, you need to pay for the next chapters.
- The initial chapters of the game offer low graphics.