Version: 7.1.4build7515 Filesize: 87.2MB
- Open Source
- In English
Fonts have their value according to what occasion you are using for. A funky font on the invitation for weddings and parties, a formal one for letters, and different fonts for different situations are used nowadays. It creates a significant impact on the reader and makes things look more attractive. Here's is a professional font editor program and font maker tool, FontLab, that lets you modify, draw, create, open, space, kern, hint, and export desktop, web, color, and variable OpenType fonts. It supports many Unicode writing systems, including Latin, Cyrillic and Greek, Arabic, Hebrew and Indic, Chinese, Japanese, emoji, symbols, and icons. Its robust toolset and powerful features for type design let you create exciting font without much hassle.
With FontLab, you can create fonts from start to finish according to your wants, from a very simple design to a really "ultra bold" complex project. It comes with a 30 day fully functional trial.
It has a file size of 136 MB. It is supported by Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10. Audials AG authors the FontLab application. The latest version of FontLab is FontLab 2021.0.135.0, last updated on January 28, 2021.
- It comes with a Brush & Powder Brush, which you can apply to a "skeleton" contour for live, adjustable calligraphic strokes. The Pencil tool is also a sketching tool that allows you to trim, tweak, modify, smooth, adjust.
- Its Rapid tool is a Pen on the turbo, which automatically makes smooth curves with your chosen node positions. It also comes with a Pen tool that combined the best of Fontographer, the app, and some other approaches. The application lets you adjust sketches in almost no time.
- The curve tension feature lets you visualize curve tension, see it numerically and edit visually. It makes use of the Rapid tool to draw curves with pressure set to your specifications. It lets you smooth the rough and bumpy curves. Also, you can figure out odd points and glitches in the turns.
- It comes with complete color support. You can draw multi-color contours, bring in color outlines, SVGs, and bitmap images, overlay layered fonts, and create emoji or all Color OpenType-enabled platforms Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator CC 2021.
- It comes with a virtual desk or canvas called Sketchboard that allows you to draw outside of any glyph. You can collect sketches, separate artwork into glyph images, and so on.
How to download and install FontLab on your PC?
- 1. Just click on the download button and select the location where the FontLab file will be downloaded.
- 2. After the downloading process is completed, open the downloaded file.
- 3. Now click the next button and then click on the "agree" button.
- 4. Installation process will take a few minutes, so be patient.
- 5. Now click on the finish button and run the FontLab application.
- It allows a complete edition of the fonts in many formats.
- It has full features a free trial.
- Updates as not that often.
- Documentation is not elaborate enough.