- Open Source
- In English
Looking for a free to use a web browser that is stacked with features? Well then look no further as Mozilla Firefox is the application for you. Mozilla Firefox is a web browser with sleek and easy to use user interface (UI). The application offers a smooth and streamlined experience. Firefox is also full of many features and tools, all of which make your browsing experience easier and more productive. Best of all, Firefox is freeware, that is it is completely free to download and use, but unlike open-source software, you cannot see the source code for freeware.
- Firefox works on Windows XP and higher. However, 64bit versions of Firefox only work on 64bit Windows devices.
- A Pentium 4 Processor is recommended for using Firefox.
- A minimum of 512 MB of RAM is necessary for smooth usage of Firefox.
- Minimum of 200 MB storage space.
Main features of Firefox
- User Interface (UI) – The Firefox User Interface (UI) is simple and very easy to navigate around.
- Performance – Firefox consistently outperforms Google Chrome in terms of speed, quality, and buffering time.
- Memory usage – Firefox uses less of your RAM than Chrome, which can be very helpful for lower-end devices.
- Private – Firefox has a private mode where it will not remember your search history and will block all online trackers.
- Page Speed – Firefox loads pages extremely quickly.
- Screenshot – Firefox has a screenshot tool that helps you take screenshots quickly. This is extremely convenient as you don’t need to take a screenshot using the Windows method.
- Pocket – The pocket feature in Firefox allows you to save pages for you to view later on any device.
- Gaming – Firefox supports gaming and has many inbuilt tools and features for gaming.
- Library – The library feature in Firefox keeps track of your history, pocket saves, screenshots downloads and more in a single place for convenience and ease of use.
- You can download thousands of different extensions for Firefox.
- Firefox allows you to pick and choose your own favorite theme.
- Firefox syncs between all of your devices, allowing you to pick up where you left off on another device.
- You can also customize the Firefox toolbar.
How to use Firefox?
After Firefox has been installed, click on the app icon to open it. The top right part of the Firefox interface has the minimize, maximize, and close options. The top part has the search bar where you can enter the site URL. Below this is the Firefox toolbar. The centre part of the Firefox interface is the main part where your shortcuts and saved and you can set your search engine.
How to get Firefox?
You can get Firefox by following these steps –
- 1. Click on the download button to start installing Firefox.
- 2. Download and open the Firefox installer.
- 3. Read the Firefox ToS (Terms of Service) and agree to it.
- 4. Read the Firefox License agreement and click on agree.
- 5. Select the destination folder for Firefox and wait for it to install.
- 6. You can use Firefox anytime you want.
- Easy to use.
- Fast performance and good quality.
- Convenient screenshot tool.
- Gaming Support.
- Extremely useful pocket feature.
- Heavy CPU usage.
- Interface can get cluttered easily.
App Name: Firefox (64-bit)
License: Open Source
OS: Windows 7 64 / Windows 8 64 / Windows 10 64
Latest Update: 2020-12-02
Developer: Mozilla Organization
User Rating: 4.21
Category: Browsers and Plugins