Version: 0.50bbeta1 Filesize: 3.06MB
- Open Source
- In English
eMule is a software developed by the eMule Team and published by Merkur. The first version released for regular use was on 13 May 2002 by Merkur. The software was released as an alternative to the eDonkey, but since recently eMule can connect to the networks of both Kad network and eDonkey network. The software is often used for searching and downloading infrequent content. The most distinguishing feature for eMule from other similar software in the market is the fast recovery of corrupted files, direct exchange of peer sources between the client's nodes, and the software also rewards the frequent uploaders by a Credit system. The software also tries to save as much bandwidth as possible by sending or transmitting the data through zlib-compressed formats.
The software has been written in C++ with the help of Microsoft Foundation Classes, and it is available in 43 languages which makes it a globally usable software. Released with the license of GNU GPLv2 the software is freely available for download and use by the general public. The software has been developed into a multi-platform software with the release of different versions like aMule, xMule, jMule etc.; the software has also been released in several mod editions (modifications of the existing software). The software is also one of the most downloaded software as of 2017 on SourceForge with over 685 million downloads.
- The software the client network of several servers to make a single strong network like Source Exchange, ED2K, Kad and many more. Even though Kad has not been fully integrated with the system and is still present in the test phase of the software, it can still be used in eMule v0.42 by enabling it manually.
- The software sends back many results for a particular search from different sources, such as web (Filedonkey and Jigle), server-based (Global and Local), and also Kad, which is still in testing. If you want, you can also use the complex Boolean search to make your search results more flexible.
- The software is free of cost and free of any spyware, adware etc. The software was made for knowledge and fun and is not by money-minded people. The software also ensures that the files you download are not corrupted and checks each of them with its own Intelligent Corruption Control. If the software detects any corruption in a file, it instantly corrects it so that none of the files you download is corrupted.
- The software also comes with in-built chat function so that you can chat with different clients online, and you can also add them as your friend. The software has an IRC client software in-built which helps in talking with people all around the world.
How to download eMule for your PC (Windows)?
- 1. To download eMule for your PC, click on the download button given on the screen.
- 2. Once you click this button, your eMule setup starts downloading. After it is downloaded double-click on the setup to run it or right-click then select Run as Administrator to run the installer.
- 3. The installation process starts up, specify the location where you want to save the installation files from the setup.
- 4. Please wait for some time for the program to get installed, and once it is installed, you're ready to download and share files through peer connection.
- Lots of customizations and configurations available
- Faster and large number of results
- Downloadable statistics
- Intuitive search options and results
- Some servers are fake and not safe
- Doesn't support torrents
- The credit system makes the normal download slower