Version: 18.104.22.1686 Filesize: 1.62MB
- In English
Do you have to work with a lot of compressed files in a wide variety of formats that you need to extract? Are you looking for a simple and free to use software that extracts these files for you? Is no other file extraction tool doing the trick for you? Well then look no further as Zipeg is the perfect tool for you to use.
What is Zipeg?
Zipeg is free to use open-source software meaning it's free to download and use, and its source code is available for the user to see. Zipeg was created by the developer Leo Kuznetsov. Zipeg is available for download on both MacOS and on Windows. Zipeg has a simple and easy to use user interface that is very well designed and it works for both beginners and experts. Zipeg was designed in the Java programming language. Zipeg allows the user to decompress files in a wide variety of file formats like. Zip and. Rar and even some file formats, which are barely used anymore. Zipeg comes with an incredibly useful file preview feature which is very helpful. Zipeg was very well received by both the public and the critics and was praised for its ease of use and its file preview feature. Zipeg has one main drawback, it does not compress files for you.
Main Features of Zipeg
- User Interface (U.I.) - Zipeg has a simple and easy to use user interface that is very well designed and it works for both beginners and experts.
- Formats – Zipeg allows the user to decompress files in a wide variety of file formats like. Zip and. Rar and even some file formats, which are barely used anymore
- Decryption – Zipeg allows the user to decrypt password-protected files.
- Combine files – Zipeg allows the user to combine files.
- Preview Feature - Zipeg comes with an incredibly useful file preview feature which is very helpful.
- Backing up files – Zipeg allows you to back up your zip files.
How to use Zipeg?
After downloading Zipeg, click on the Zipeg app icon to open the app. On the top of the Zipeg user interface is the toolbar with the – File, Action, Tools, and Help options. Below that are the Zipeg Open, extract, Preview, and options icons. On the left, Zipeg allows you to select the destination folder. The rest of the screen is just the Zipeg work area.
How to get Zipeg?
You can get Zipeg by following the steps given below -
- 1. Click on the download button to start installing Zipeg.
- 2. Download and open the Zipeg installer.
- 3. Read the Zipeg ToS (Terms of Service) and agree to it.
- 4. Read the Zipeg License agreement and click on agree.
- 5. Select the destination folder for Zipeg and wait for it to install.
- 6. You can now use Zipeg anytime you want.
- Easy and free to use.
- Preview feature.
- Supports a wide variety of file formats.
- Combining files feature.
- Can hang during preview.
- Does not let you compress files.