Version: 5.7 Filesize: 1.23MB
- In English
Xpadder is developed and published by Jonathan Firth and is available only for Microsoft Windows. The software's primary function is to map or emulate the use of mouse or keyboard to a gamepad controller or a joystick. Earlier it was used for games which had little or no controller support, but now it is used everywhere from web browsing to playing any media, and can also be used in any other software or application that may need it. The software is compatible with Windows XP or above and Windows Server 2003 or later, be it 64 or 32 bits.
With the help of Xpadder, a gamepad can be used for many functions, and the software can support around 16 tasks at the same time. It the gamepad has the function of vibrating, Xpadder can make it possible too. The software is capable of supporting several devices and can also emulate them, like a guitar, steering wheels, drums, pedals, etc. The drawback that comes with Xpadder is that some of the multi-player games which use anti-hacker programs and similar applications do not allow Xpadder to run. Games which use GameGuard, are capable of blocking Xpadder but those that use PunkBuster will enable it to run without a problem.
- The software is easy to use; after the installation process is done, you have to plug-in your controller and switch on the app. Then you can easily customize the gamepad with the keyboard and mouse. You can even bind the speed of the mouse movements with the controller; the software also provides a test area to test your controls.
- You can use the software to bind all controls with the keyboard controls easily, and they are available in both the "Turbo" and normal mode, the finished settings can be saved with the help of a profile so that you can use it again in the future.
- The user interface looks a bit old but also puts a lot of emphasis on the software's simplicity; the software mainly works with visual placements. The buttons of your gamepad are shown with an empty box and can be clicked upon to set the desired action.
- You can use the already available presets and save new presets with the function present beside the on-top (saving) and bottom (loading) of the software.
- It is primarily used for games which do not support gamepads, but support mouse and keyboard controls because, with Xpadder mapping abilities, this feat can be achieved easily. For example, if you press the O button on your gamepad, with the help of Xpadder, the PC thinks that you've pressed '6' or any other key of your choice.
How to download Xpadder for PC (Windows)?
- 1. Click the download button given on the top-right corner of the screen to download the installation package for Xpadder.
- 2. Once the package is downloaded, run Xpadder setup to install it
- 3. Specify your desired folder where you want the installation files to go.
- 4. Once the installation is complete, plug-in your controller and runs the software
- 5. You're ready to use the controller on your PC.
- Can also be used for playing media and web browsing
- Visually useful interface
- Remapping of both buttons and mouse movements is required.
- Suitable for older games and not the current ones