Version: 6.5.00 Filesize: 153MB
- In English
Are you a developer who works a lot with XBee and RF modules? Are you looking for a software that helps you with your work and configures the models for you? Is no other program working properly for you? Well then look no further as XCTU is the perfect software for you to use.
What is XCTU?
XCTU is a software that is freeware, i.e., it is completely free to download and use but the source code for XCTU is not available to the user. XCTU was made by the company Digi International Inc. XCTU is available on many different platforms and it works very well on all the platforms. XCTU allows the user to interact and work with RF (Radio Frequency) modules. XCTU comes filled to the brim with a wide variety of tools and features that help the user with their work. XCTU has an amazing user interface that is easy to use and is very well designed. XCTU was very well received by the critics and the public.
What is XBee and RF?
RF stands for Radio Frequency Module and it is simply a device that is designed to transmit and receive electronic signals. Digi is a company that is known for making wireless communication devices, and XBee is one of the most popular series of Digi and is a line of RF modules.
XCTU System Requirements
- XCTU works on systems running Windows XP or higher (Both 32 and 64-Bit Windows).
- XCTU needs around 1 GB of free storage space to install and run.
- At least 2 GB of RAM is required to run XCTU, although 4 GB is recommended for peak performance.
- A Dual-core processor is required for running XCTU, although a quad-core processor is recommended for peak performance.
Main Features of XCTU
- User interface (U.I.) – XCTU has an amazing user interface that is easy to use and is very well designed.
- Multiple Modules – XCTU allows the user to run, configure and manage multiple RF modules simultaneously.
- Firmware – XCTU allows you to update the firmware.
- XCTU has a lot of embedded tools and features that work without a module being connected.
- Frames generator and Interpreter – XCTU has a frame generator and interpreter features.
How to use XCTU?
After downloading XCTU click on the XCTU app icon to open, the left side of the XCTU user interface shows you all of the different connected Radio Modules. The right side of the XCTU user interface shows you the technical information about the connected modules.
How to get XCTU?
You can get XCTU by following the steps given below -
- 1. Click on the download button to start installing XCTU.
- 2. Download and open the XCTU installer.
- 3. Read the XCTU ToS (Terms of Service) and agree to it.
- 4. Read the XCTU License agreement and click on agree.
- 5. Select the destination folder for XCTU and wait for it to install.
- 6. You can now use XCTU anytime you want.
- Easy to use RF module tool.
- Good user interface (U.I.).
- Connect to multiple modules.
- Does not work with non XBee modules.