- Open Source
- In English
WinZip is a software that was first developed by the Nico Mak Computing which was later renamed as WinZip Computing or WinZip International LLC. The software development rights were subsequently sold to Corel Corporation. The primary function of the software is creating Zip file format archives or unpacking files and folders from other archived or compressed file formats. The software is available in almost all major languages like English, French, Spanish, Japanese, Korean, Chinese, etc. and can be used on several platforms such as macOS, Windows OS, iOS and Android.
WinZip is capable of managing, protecting, and sharing your files to anyone, and anywhere you want. The latest version of the software comes with many features like browsing, moving, renaming, copying, deleting and many more. The software also has good quality and worthy of trust compression, sharing and encryption. WinZip offers you an entirely new way of working with your files, while swiftly browsing your local files, cloud files and your network.
- The software comes with easy to use functions with drag-and-drop ability. The software creates compressed files of some formats including, Zip, Zipx and LHA. The software is intuitive and can select the perfect method to compress a file to reduce the size to the maximum level possible.
- The software is also capable of creating files that are self extractable for sending it to the people who don’t own WinZip, and such files extract themselves into their standard forms as soon as they’re downloaded.
- The software can compress images and videos which have a large size because of their quality into smaller size without deteriorating the quality of the picture or the video. The software can extract files from several formats like 7Z, BZ2, Zipx, RAR, IMG, Iso and many more.
- The software comes with functions such as Zipping, browsing, encrypting data directly from the program window without changing the window so that you can modify your files and even send it to someone as swiftly as possible without using any third-party apps.
- The software can integrate with many software which allows you to directly connect to cloud services like OneDrive, Dropbox, Google Drive, etc. so that you can zip, upload and send it to anyone you want.
- Apart from these features, WinZip Is also capable of deterring plagiarism on your files, adding traceability, and can even protect your PDFs and images from getting customized.
- The toolbar is always changing and adapting to the need of the user; you’ll see the tools you require on the taskbar so that you can access all the tools that you need right in front of you and don’t have to search for them.
How to download WinZip on PC (Windows)?
- 1. To download WinZip on your PC, click on the download button given on the screen.
- 2. The WinZip setup starts downloading after it is downloaded click on it to run the setup.
- 3. The installation process is started and now click on OK to go to the next screen.
- 4. The software asks you for End User’s Agreement, click on I Agree to continue with the installation process.
- 5. The installation wizard asks you to specify a location for the install files.
- 6. Now the software has fully installed, click on Finish to exit the setup.
- 7. With your newly installed software, you are ready to compress and pack files.
- Capable of creating self-extractable files
- Supports many file formats for extraction
- Encryption feature available with password protection
- Straightforward and fast compression
- A bit outdated interface
- Only available in some languages
App Name: WinZip (64-bit)
License: Open Source
OS: Windows 7 64 / Windows 8 64 / Windows 10 64
Latest Update: 2020-12-19
Developer: WinZip Computing
User Rating: 3.93
Category: Compression and Backup