Version: current2020.10 Filesize: 47.7MB
- Open Source
- In English
Waterfox is a web browser that has been inspired and is forked from Firefox. The software is available for x64 systems, PPC64LE, and ARM64 systems. It is with the intention to be ethical and maintain support for the extensions made by Firefox. The software was released for Windows, macOS, Android, and Linux and was released in two editions – classic and current. Waterfox is developed and uses the same engine as Firefox; the software is made through several compilers like the Streaming SIMD Extensions 3, Math Kernel Library, and Advanced Vector Extensions. However, the Linux versions are built with Clang on all the articles available except PPC64LE. Waterfox is also capable of supporting XPCOM and XUL add-ons, which were removed by Firefox in version 57.
- The software is optimized for 64-bit PCs; therefore, it is lightweight on the hard drive but still loads abs and windows quicker for light browsing. With faster start-ups and fewer hanging times, nobody is hogging your PC's memory.
- The software gives you full privacy of your information; you decide what you want to share what you don't. The software is capable of blocking ads and trackers when you use the Private Browsing window. The software doesn't allow any of your information to be taken without any prior permission so that you can browse in total privacy. It is an ethical web browser that is made in such a way that it does not sell any information like other browsers.
- With this tool, you've got the freedom to choose; the browser keeps your information private and fights for your privacy protection online by controlling the corporate and other information in check.
- The software developers boast of its faster loading capacity and better performance without hanging; it also enables you to scroll as fast as you want without hanging up.
How to download Waterfox for PC (Windows)?
- 1. Click the download button given on the top-right corner to download the setup of Waterfox.
- 2. Once the setup is downloaded, search for Waterfox installation setup in your browser's default downloads folder.
- 3. Double-click on the setup to start the installation process.
- 4. The installation wizard will ask for an End Users Agreement, click on I Agree to continue the installation process.
- 5. Once the installation process is complete, you're ready to browse.
- Faster access to internet
- Privacy protected due to the ethical base of the browser.
- Multi-platform usage
- Based on Firefox
- Dependent on contribution through a user
- Slower updates
- Too similar to Firefox ESR