VMware Workstation Player
Version: 16.1.017198959 Filesize: 77.08MB
- Open Source
- In English
Looking for a way to run and synchronize several different virtual machines simultaneously? Well then look no further as VMWare Workstation is the perfect program for you. VMWare Workstation is a hypervisor that is used for running virtual machines on your PC. VMWare Workstation is one of the most popular software in the industry, and almost all the pros use it. Using VMWare Workstation, one can run many virtual machines and operating systems on their device. VMWare Workstation is used by a large number of companies for a variety of reasons.
Why run Virtual Machines?
Virtual machines are used to run legacy applications. They can also be used to test out platform migration issues. Virtual machines also help a lot in software development and testing as they can be very convenient for the developer. Virtual Machines also help in configuring your PC.
- VMWare Workstation only runs on devices with Windows 8 or higher.
- You need a 2 GHz CPU that supports Hyper-V to run VMWare Workstation.
- A processor with at least 4 GB of RAM is required to run VMWare Workstation (Although 8 GB of RAM is recommended).
- You need at least 2 GB free storage space to install VMWare Workstation and more space is required for every virtual machine you decide to run.
Main Features of VMWare Workstation
- User Interface (UI) – VMWare Workstation has a compact and sleek user interface (UI).
- Snapshot Feature – VMWare Workstation has a snapshot feature that lets you save and return to an earlier state of a virtual machine.
- Multiple Virtual Machines – VMWare Workstation allows you to run as many Virtual Machines as your hardware can handle.
- Record and Play feature – VMWare Workstation has a record and play feature.
- Easy switching – VMWare Workstation lets you easily switch between virtual machines by just clicking a button.
- Cloning – VMWare Workstation allows you to quickly clone virtual machines.
- Mobility – VMWare Workstation has a Virtual Machine mobility feature.
How to Use VMWare Workstation?
Click on the app icon after installing VMWare Workstation to open it. Upon opening the program, you will be greeted with VMWare Workstation user interface (UI). The top part of the screen has the VMWare Toolbar with the File, Edit, VM, Tabs, and help options. Towards the left is the area where you can quickly browse through your storage. The center area has the VMWare workstation work area where you can create new Virtual Machines.
How to get VMWare Workstation?
You can get VMWare Workstation by following these steps –
- 1. Click on the download button to start installing VMWare Workstation.
- 2. Download and open the VMWare Workstation installer.
- 3. Read the VMWare Workstation ToS (Terms of Service) and agree to it.
- 4. Read the VMWare Workstation License agreement and click on agree.
- 5. Select the destination folder for VMWare Workstation and wait for it to install.
- 6. You can now use VMWare Workstation anytime you want.
- Nice and easy to use user interface.
- Lets you run multiple Virtual machines.
- Easy to switch between Virtual machines.
- Cloning feature.
- Snapshot feature.
- Professional version is paid for.
- Heavy CPU usage.