Virtual Audio Cable
Version: 4.6.04 Filesize: 0.8MB
- Open Source
- In English
If you are the person you love to create music or Djing, then you must be using different software. Making music is not easy; it takes hours of hard work, creativity, patience, and proper software tool and Djing components. To produce or create music, you need to use different software. Sometimes the software that you use are not compatible with each other, so they do not connect. This problem may take your valuable time and effort to transfer the song from one application to another. To overcome this problem, you have Virtual Audio Cable that emulates a physical cable and connects two different software applications to transfer audio or music.
Virtual Audio Cable is a software developed by Eugene Muzychenko, initially released on 14th October 1998, and a stable version was released on 17th July 2020. This software is based on a WDM multimedia driver, which enables you to transfer audio streams from one application to another. Suppose you are using Voice Meter, now by using Virtual Audio cable, you can connect Voice Meter to any other software. Since all the transfer of audio or music via this software takes place digitally, there is a loss in sound quality.
Features of Virtual Audio Cable
- No Need for Hardware- When you are using Virtual Audio Cable, you don’t need an in-built or external audio hardware. Even if your PC/Laptop has no audio adapter, you can still use this software.
- Control Panel- This software is straightforward to use, using the control panel of this software you can modify the number of Virtual Cables, view and configure drivers of the software, change settings of the software and moderate the activity of the software.
- Device-to-device audio transfer- Using this software, any application can send an audio stream on the input-side of this software, and another application on the output side can receive this audio stream.
- Driver-based solution- This software is supported by many virtual device drivers like Windows WDM or KS. You need to install these drivers with administrator rights.
- Comprehensive user manual- You can download the free trial package of this software, and you can quickly learn how to use this application. You don’t even need to install to get access to the user manual, download the ZIP archive, and access the file name “vac” marked with a question mark.
How to download and install Virtual Audio Cable (VAC) on windows?
- 1- Just click on the download button and select a location where you want to download the file.
- 2- After the download finishes, open the Virtual Audio Cable folder and extract the content from it.
- 3- Now again open the VAC folder and double click on the VAC setup file.
- 4- Now an installation window appears, now agree to License Agreement and select a location for installation.
- 5- It will take a few minutes to install Virtual Audio Cable, Click on Finish button after installation.
- Easy to transfer audio streams from one application to another.
- Easy user interface of the control panel.
- No loss in Sound quality.
- You have to pay to use the full version of the software.
- Limited features in the free trial version.