Version: 4.8.00 Filesize: 158MB
- In English
Ultimaker Cura also known as just Cura, is a software developed by David Braam, the software purchased by Ultimaker, manufacturer of 3D printers. Along with the software, Ultimaker also recruited its developer David Braam to continue the development and maintenance of the software. The software is an open-source and free, it came with version 3 of Affero General Public License. But later this license was changed to the LGPLV3. But still, the software allowed integrations and other development with the help of CAD applications; the software is present in a repository on GitHub where it can also be developed. The software is written in Python, C++ and QML and is available for macOS, Windows and Linux. The software is available in 16 languages so that it can be developed and used by people from different nationalities.
The software supports many file formats among which the most common ones are OBJ, STL, 3MF, X3D; it also supports 2D image formats like BMP, JPG, GIF, and PNG. The primary function of the software. The primary function of the software is to slice your models and also integrate the sliced ones. Cura can be combined with other software like CAD o manage a smoother workflow. The software is trusted by millions of people worldwide and is capable of maintaining a good workflow with the help of plug-ins like the Marketplace. By integrating Cure with Ultimaker cloud, you can take your production and distribution to the next level.
- The software has a Wire Printing available which can be used to print objects which have architecture like a wireframe. When integrated with CAD, this method allows you to create highly complexed designs like a wireframe from objects available through CAD.
- The software also has a Spiral Mode, more popularly known as the vase mode; this mode enables you to create a spiral object by designing the edges by slowly going to the top rather than the traditional layer by layer method. Even though it is called the vase mode, the Spiral Mode is not limited to just printing vases; it is capable of creating any spiral structure which is usually hollow.
- The software offers several options for the skin or the outer surface of your CAD models; the most useful out of all of them is said to be the fuzzy skin. The skip or effect, when applied, gives the object a fur-like feeling which also looks like a shag carpet or a fur coat of a mini-schnauzer dog. When you use this skin with objects, it improves their gripping ability. And when used with black plastic, it looks like a metal handle grip.
- Cura allows you to adapt layer settings according to the object. The software makes the printer take more time to print a particular area, which is to be printed in higher resolution than some other sites which can be printed in lower resolution too this is divided by the curvature and the shape of an object. The principal curvatures are printed with thinner layers, and the one with lesser variation is printed with thicker layers.
How to download Ultimaker Cura on PC (Windows)?
- 1. To download the setup of Ultimaker Cura, click on the download button given on the top right corner of the screen.
- 2. Once the setup is downloaded, double-click to run the Ultimaker Cura installation wizard.
- 3. Wizard will ask you to specify a path for the installation of the files.
- 4. Once the location is entered, the software starts getting installed.
- 5. After the application is installed, you're ready to create your 3D object.
- Updates available even in a weekly cycle
- Open-source software
- Some settings are out of date
- Slow at finalizing and compiling the models