Version: 5.8.09 Filesize: 55.42MB
- Open Source
- In English
Tunngle is a program that lets you start a VPN connection. The exciting thing about Tunngle is that it is designed specifically for Multiplayer games. But first, what is a VPN? VPN stands for Virtual Private Network. It essentially creates a private network across a public network which helps with security and functionality. It also lets you form a LAN by using the VPN. This feature is extremely useful in games like Minecraft where you can only play with your friends by paying for it, except on a L.A.N. I used Tunngle mostly for this feature alone, as it was time-saving and very convenient.
Why use a VPN?
- Security and Privacy- A VPN protects your data when connecting to a public network. This is incredibly useful for security and privacy purposes.
- Hiding your Identity- A VPN hides your I.P. address when surfing on the internet, which means people cannot trace your location and it keeps prying eyes off.
- Getting around censorship- In places where the government has blocked or censored some websites, a VPN helps you get around that let you escape government censorship.
- Changing Countries- Sometimes, certain things are only accessible in a certain country, and a VPN helps you get around that, by changing your location to that country, you can gain access to that information. Like for eg, you can watch your favourite T.V. show which is only available in the US.
Main Features of Tunngle
- L.A.N – It helps set up a VPN connection that lets you play games on L.A.N whilst being connected to the internet.
- Network List – A neat feature of Tunngle is that it shows a list of game networks and the games that are being played. By clicking on them, you can join that network.
- Chat – Each of the networks mentioned above comes with its own chat allowing you to communicate with others in the network.
- Languages- Tunngle supports several languages.
How to use the Program?
Once it has been downloaded, click on the Tunngle icon to open it. You can set up your own VPN by clicking on the VPN option. There is also a list of networks where you can see who is playing; you can join by clicking on the network. You can also search for networks in the search bar.
Where to get Tunngle?
You can get Tunngle by following these steps -
- 1. Click on the download button to start installing Tunngle.
- 2. Download and open the Tunngle-installer.
- 3. Read the Tunngle ToS (Terms of Service) and agree to it.
- 4. Read the Tunngle-License agreement and click on agree.
- 5. Select the destination folder for Tunngle and wait for it to install.
- 6. You can use Tunngle anytime you want.
- You can play on LAN with your friends.
- It shows you all the available networks.
- It has a network chat for communication.
- It is multilingual.
- The ads can be annoying at times.
- It has had privacy and security issues.
- It has a cluttered interface.