The Lord of the Rings Online
- Open Source
- In English
Enjoyed the Lord of the Rings books? Looking for a game that lets you play in a Lord of the Rings setting with all of your friends? Well then look no further as Lord of the Rings Online is the perfect game for you. Lord of the Rings Online is an MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game), which was developed by Turbine Inc. Lord of the Rings Online was released in 2007 and was very well received by both the critics and the public. Lord of the Rings Online is set in Middle-Earth from the books and stays fairly faithful to the books. Earlier Lord of the Rings Online used to work on a subscription basis; however, after 2010, it became free to play, but certain features are only available to people who have paid for the subscription.
- Lord of the Rings Online works on systems that run Windows 7 or higher (64-bit).
- An Intel core 2duo is required for running Lord of the Rings Online smoothly (Although an Intel i7 is recommended).
- At least 2 GB of RAM is required to run Lord of the Rings Online, but 4 GB of RAM is recommended.
- A good graphics card is required to run Lord of the Rings Online.
- DirectX 9.0 Or Higher is necessary for running Lord of the Rings Online.
- Around 40 GB of free storage space is necessary for downloading Lord of the Rings Online.
Lord of the Rings Online Storyline
The Lord of the Rings Online Storyline takes place in the form of various books. Lord of the Rings Online offers 4 different volumes of books each with sub-chapters within them. All of these stories generally follow the Player doing quests that tie into the larger Lord of the Rings storyline. There is also The Black Book of Mordor in which the player follows Gandalf and the people of Middle-Earth as they explore Mordor. The developers of Lord of the Rings Online keep adding new books to the game, thus increasing the overall playtime. These books are available to all players for free, regardless of whether they are a paid subscriber or not.
Lord of the Rings Online Game Mechanics
Lord of the Rings Online is similar to most other MMORPGs (Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Games) in terms of gameplay mechanics. The player character can pick from one of these races – Humans, Dwarves, Elves, Hobbits, High Elves, Beornings, and Stout-Axe dwarves. The player also has the option to select from one of ten different classes. The area of the game is Middle-Earth with 4 major regions – Gondor, Mordor, Eriador, Rhovianon. Players can form bands of up to six characters and collect the three main forms of currency – copper, gold, and silver. The player can also collect achievements as he does quests across the map and he also has to maintain good relations with all of the different factions.
How to get Lord of the Rings Online?
You can get Lord of the Rings Online by following these steps –
- 1. Click on the download button to start installing Lord of the Rings Online.
- 2. Download and open the Lord of the Rings Online installer.
- 3. Read the Lord of the Rings Online ToS (Terms of Service) and agree to it.
- 4. Read the Lord of the Rings Online License agreement and click on agree.
- 5. Select the destination folder for Lord of the Rings Online and wait for it to install.
- 6. You can now use Lord of the Rings Online anytime you want.
- Free to play
- Easy to learn
- Lots of content
- Many different quests
- Large map
- Limited PvP
App Name: The Lord of the Rings Online
License: Open Source
OS: Windows 7 / Windows 7 64 / Windows 8 / Windows 8 64 / Windows 10 / Windows 10 64
Latest Update: 2020-12-04
Developer: Standing Stone Games LLC.
User Rating: 4.67