Version: 19.2 Filesize: 228MB
- Open Source
- In English
Looking for a software for 3-D surface mapping? Interested in geography, scientific data mapping, and analyzing maps and data? Well then, look no further, as Surfer is the perfect software for you to use. In terms of visualization of geographical data, Surfer is simply the best software available on the market.
What is Surfer?
Surfer is software designed for 3-D mapping and contouring software. Surfer is a 3-D mapping software developed by Golden Software. Surfer is also extremely helpful with scientific data mapping, modeling, and analyzing and can be very helpful to budding geographers. Surfer is a software that has been tried and tested and has shown it works. Surfer is used by almost every major scientist and geographer who’s in the field of geography. Surfer comes filled to the brim with many features that help you with 3-D mapping and analyzing data. Surfer also has limited 2-D mapping features and capabilities. Surfer is simple and easy to use but does not give up on any functionality. Surfer is free to use for 13 days after which you have to pay for it.
Surfer System Requirements
- Surfer runs on devices running 64-Bit Windows, i.e., Windows 7 or higher.
- At least 512 MB of RAM is necessary to run Surfer (although 1 GB of RAM is recommended).
- At least 500 MB of free storage space is required to install and run Surfer
Main Features of Surfer
- User Interface (U.I.) – Surfer has a well-designed and compact user interface (U.I.) that is easy to use for both beginners and experts. Surfer has an interface that helps to increase speed and productivity.
- Professional Maps - Surfer has such amazing tools and features that it helps you create professional maps. Surfer lets the user visualize both simple and complex mapping data.
- Modeling – Surfer allows you to visualize data in both 2-D and 3-D models.
- LiDAR – Surfer also allows you to use LiDAR technology for processing and visualizing.
- Grid Files – Surfer also lets you have full control over your grid files and all of its data.
- Surfer allows you to edit and fine-tune contour lines on a map.
- Surfer has coordinate visualization features.
- Surfer is compatible with a wide variety of file formats.
- Surfer is compatible with a wide variety of presentation software.
How to use Surfer?
Click on the Surfer app icon to open it after Surfer has been downloaded. On the top of the screen is the Surfer Quick access toolbar, where you can add tools. Below that is the Surfer toolbar with the File, Home, Layout, Features, Grids, Map Tools, and View tabs. The central part of the screen is the Surfer work area.
How to get Surfer?
You can get Surfer by following the steps given below -
- 1. Click on the download button to start installing Surfer.
- 2. Download and open the Surfer installer.
- 3. Read the Surfer ToS (Terms of Service) and agree to it.
- 4. Read the Surfer License agreement and click on agree.
- 5. Select the destination folder for Surfer and wait for it to install.
- 6. You can now use Surfer anytime you want.
- Easy to use.
- Visualizes data in both 2-D and 3-D.
- Creates professional-looking maps.
- Allows you to fine tune and edit contour lines.
- Some features can be difficult to learn.