Version: 126.96.36.199 Filesize: 24.8MB
- In English
SeaTools is an amazing and free software which is specially made for Windows. This software is a part of the productivity software category with subcategory cataloguing, which has been created by Seagate technology. It is available in three different languages, such as English German and Spanish. The latest version of this software is named as SeaTools 188.8.131.52. The supported platforms are Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10. The software was latest updated on the 16th of June 2012. It is the light weighted software which takes less space from your storage. This software is very popular in Lithuania and Malaysia.
SeaTools is a software which is specially made to test and analyze the hard disks on its level. This software diagnoses the health of external and internal drives by testing some of the problems such as hardware conflicts, corruption, virus themes, etc. These problems can be found in SATA, USB, ATA and SCSI drives. Seatools is developed by Seagate, and it comes with a user-friendly interface. One of the most amazing things in this tool is that installed drives are automatically detected, which include both internal and external purposes. It was initially released on the 30th of January 2007. in its upgraded version, it came up with eight different languages.
Features of SeaTools
Sometimes a defective hard drive creates unusual noise. Often the power supply or CPU fans are mistaken for the hard drive. This detection or test will speed down the drive, just like a power management idle condition.
Set Max LBA
Sometimes a hard disk drive may be too large, and its size needs to be reduced to a lower capacity. Same as a drive with a reduced capacity may need to be reset to its native maximum capacity. Their charges are available under this section.
This feature of the software erases the entire device by writing zero value to every sector. This operation will take minutes to complete, which depends on the speed and capacity of the drive.
Sanitize overwriting on HDD takes a very long time to complete. As soon as this command starts, it must finish the overwrite before everyday use of the drive is returned. The automatic sector reallocation is permitted during the operation of this function.
Tutorial for using SeaTools in Windows
- Firstly you have to launch seatools once it is installed.
For launching follow these steps-
- Click on the start button.
- Select programs then select to Seagate
- After that select seatools for Windows.
- Now prepare the system and keep the computer fully powered on while designing the system.
- Select the drive to test.
- Then select the tests button to run.
- After sometime it will provide a summary of results.
How to download and install SeaTools on your PC?
- 1. Click on the download button and select the location where the SeaTools file will be downloaded.
- 2. Once the downloading process finishes, run the downloaded file.
- 3. Click the next button and proceed through the setup.
- 4. Installation process will usually take a few minutes. Be patient.
- 5. Click on the finish button and run the SeaTools application.
- 100% safe
- Easy to use
- Can crash sometimes.