Version: 3.12 Filesize: 1.1MB
- Open Source
- In English
When our mobile phone starts to lag or hang in between while using some applications, we format and reset our mobile from the settings or the recovery mode for the smooth performance of the mobile device. If our mobile is still lagging and giving a low performance or it shutdowns due to some internal software error, then we boot and reinstall the software of our mobile with the help of a PC/Laptop, and it starts working as a new device. If the same thing happens to our PC/Laptop, then we have to create a bootable CD or a Pendrive. Creating a bootable CD or Pendrive is time-consuming, but not if you have Rufus 2.0 software on your PC/Laptop. This software helps you to format and create USB flash drives.
Rufus means Reliable USB Formating Utility, with Source, which is a free and open-source portable application for Microsoft Windows that can be used to format and create bootable USB flash drives or Live USBs. This software was initially designed as modern open-source software to replace the HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool for Windows. The HP USB DSFT was primarily used to create DOS bootable USB flash drives. So the first official version of Rufus was only for MS-DOS, released on December 11, 2011. This software now supports many bootable iso files, which includes various Windows installation .iso files, raw disk image files as well as Linux distributions. This software installs a bootloader to make the flash drives bootable, if needed, such as SYSLINUX or GRUB onto the flash drive. With the help of this device, you can easily create a bootable USB flash drive in no time.
Features of Rufus 2.0
- Generous Support- This software helps you in many ways in creating a bootable USB flash drive. This software supports many bootable iso files, which include Windows as well as Linux.
- Easy to Use- With the help of various features provided by the software and the simple user-interface, it is effortless to use this software.
- Saves your Time & Efforts- Rufus provides many features, and with its easy-to-use GUI, this software creates bootable USB flash drives quickly and easily. This saves your time and efforts.
How to download and install Rufus 2.0?
- 1- Just click on the download button and select a location where you want to download the file.
- 2- After the download finishes, open the Rufus 2.0 folder and extract the content from it.
- 3- Now open the Rufus 2.0 folder and double click on the Rufus 2.0 setup file.
- 4- Now an installation window appears, now agree to License Agreement and select a location for installation.
- 5- It will take a few minutes to install Rufus 2.0, Click on Finish button after installation.
- Creates USB bootable flash drives in no time.
- Easy to Download, Install, and Use.
- Not supported on Windows XP.
- Only supports USB, no HDD or external harddrive.