Remix OS (32-bit)
- In English
Remix OS is developed and published by Jide Technology Co. and is written in C, C++ and Java. The software is closed source and has free software parts. It is available for PCs and tablets and manages APK packages for installation. The operating system is part of the family of OSs, which are made for Android. Therefore the primary function of the software is to run Android apps on PCs without installing any Android Emulator. It brings together the better hardware and productive power of a PC and combines it with the Android gaming ecosystem.
Remix OS is based on Android-x86 which is an open-source project by google made to run android apps on PCs with x86 processors from Intel or AMD, but unlike Android-x86, Remix OS has not made its source code public. The Kernel type used in the software is Monolithic. Jide Company stopped developing the official code on July 17, 2017, but the code has been forked and used by other companies, intending to improve and continue the project. The free software licensed parts are still available in a repository on GitHub.
- The operating system gives you the freedom to choose from 2 million-plus android apps available in the market. It also provides you with the choice of installing these apps with any app store of your preference.
- The software interface looks very similar to the macOS X. it covers the entire width of the PC, and features the logo of Jide Technology, clicking on which can open a start menu like app launcher. The software also comes with a menu bar which s very similar looking to the taskbar in Windows.
- Android Marshmallow inspires the interface of the software, unlike an Android smartphone, it has a multi-window option which lets you navigate between open apps; these windows are even re-sizable. Even an Android emulator doesn’t allow you this level of ease of multi-tasking.
- The software also comes with an in-built file-manager so that you don’t find any difficulty In looking for something, it also makes sure that you don't have to rely on third-party apps for a file manager.
- The operating system is optimized for keyboard and mouse usage, it automatically maps the keyboard and mouse with the in-app gestures and touch. It also provides an OTA update. The software gives you access to over 2 million android applications and also takes your gaming to the next level with the large screen of a PC.
How to download and install on PC?
- 1. Click the download button given on the top right corner of the screen to download the Remix OS ZIP folder.
- 2. After the ZIP folder is downloaded, extract the files. Amongst the files that get extracted from the ZIP folder you will see one file named Remix OS with the file extension .exe; double click on it or select the option Run as Administrator to run the file.
- 3. The installation wizard will ask you where you want the installation files to go. In storage, type select Hard Disk and in Drive select C:
- 4. When asked to select the storage size you want to provide Remix OS out of all of your Hard Disk, choose one option from 8, 16, 32 GB as per your preference.
- 5. Press OK to continue the installation process, once the installation is finished the software will ask you to reboot your PC to boot in Remix OS.
- 6. Once the PC boots again, press the respective key of your PC to go to the BIOS or UEFI
- 7. In the BIOS or UEFI menu, disable the Secure Boot, then go to Windows Boot Manager to select the operating system you want your PC to boot in (here select Remix OS).
- 8.Remix OS is now successfully installed, and you're ready to run android apps on your PC.
- Custom mapping of keyboard keys
- Compatible with most game and apps
- Able to run multiple apps at once
- Officially discontinued
App Name: Remix OS (32-bit)
OS: Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10
Latest Update: 2020-12-03
Developer: Jide Technology Co.
User Rating: 3.81
Category: Desktop Enhancements