Version: 5.0.3build377 Filesize: 7.54MB
- In English
Struggling with programming on your computer? Looking for a versatile free to use programmer’s editor? Well then, look no further, as PSPad is the perfect software for you.
What is PSPad?
PSPad is a programmer’s editor that makes life easier for any programmer that uses it. PSPad is a freeware software, that means it is completely free to download and use; however, the source code for PSPad is not available for users to download. PSPad was developed by a single man on his own, Jan Fiala from the Czech Republic. PSPad is extremely popular in the software development and programming fields because it has been specifically designed for those fields. PSPad comes filled to the brim with many features that make editing programs quick, easy, and efficient. PSPad is already designed to work with almost all of the major programming languages like Java, C ++, Visual Basic, SQL, and more. PSPad allows you to customize the syntax for each programming language. Whilst being free, PSPad still keeps up with almost all of the paid editors on the market.
PSPad System Requirements
- PSPad works on systems running Windows XP or higher.
- The PSPad file is only 8 MB, making it incredibly lightweight.
Main Features of PSPad
- User Interface (U.I.) – PSPad has a simple and compact user interface (U.I.) that shows you all the required features.
- Programming Languages - PSPad is already designed to work with almost all of the major programming languages like Java, C ++, Visual Basic, SQL, and more, making it very convenient for programmers and software developers.
- Auto-Correct – PSPad has an auto-correct feature that is extremely helpful.
- Macro Recording Feature – PSPad has a macro recording tool that lets you design and save macros.
- Integrated web browser – PSPad has an integrated web browser that lets you search the net easily.
- PSPad has a powerful hex editor.
- Highlighting – PSPad has an amazing highlighter feature that is fairly customizable.
- Spell checking tool – PSPad has a convenient spell-checking tool.
- Integrated library – PSPad has an integrated library for checking and converting HTML files quickly and efficiently.
- Search replace – PSPad has a search and replaces feature for making quick changes.
How to use PSPad?
After PSPad has been downloaded, click on the PSPad app icon to open it. On the top part of the PSPad interface is the toolbar with the File, Projects, Edit, Search, View, Format, Tools, Scripts, HTML, Setting, Window, and Help options. Below are all of the PSPad features, represented by different icons. The left side of the PSPad interface shows the file storage, whilst the bottom part has the search engine. The central part of the screen has the PSPad work area.
How to get PSPad?
- 1. Click on the download button to start installing PSPad.
- 2. Download and open the PSPad installer.
- 3. Read the PSPad ToS (Terms of Service) and agree to it.
- 4. Read the PSPad License agreement and click on agree.
- 5. Select the destination folder for PSPad and wait for it to install.
- 6. You can now use PSPad anytime you want.
- Compact user interface.
- Configured for many different programming languages.
- Spell check tool.
- Auto-correct feature.
- Macro-recording program.
- Can be difficult to use for beginners.