Version: 14.0.4754.1000 Filesize: 60.28MB
- In English
Microsoft PowerPoint viewer is free software that can be used to view any PowerPoint file. It’s a fast way to see PowerPoint files on your computer without paying for Microsoft Office. It is a freeware software. It is a godsend for people who cannot buy or use Microsoft Office for whatever reason. It does most of the work that Microsoft Office does for free, and is jam-packed with features.
What is freeware?
Freeware is a software that is distributed to the user for free. The main difference between freeware and open-source software is that the source code for the open-source software is available for everyone to see, whereas a freeware software usually doesn’t reveal its source code.
- It works on Windows 98 and onwards.
- It requires at least 270 MB of free space.
- At least 256 MB RAM is required.
- A good graphics card is recommended (although it isn’t recommended)
- It supports the following formats - ppt, .pptx, .pptm, .pot, .potx, .potm, .pps, .ppsx and .ppsm.
Main Features of Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer
- User Interface (UI) – The software has very simplistic and easy to use User Interface (UI).
- Language Support – It supports 8 different languages – English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Polish, Japanese, and Chinese.
- Format Support – You can view files saved in a wide variety of formats.
- Navigation – It has very smooth navigation options.
- Print options – The software allows you to print presentations.
- Password protected files – The viewer even allows you to open password protected files, which is incredibly convenient.
- Full-screen mode – This program also offers a full-screen mode, which can be used to view presentations without any distractions,
How to use Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer?
Once the software has been downloaded, click on the application icon to open. Upon opening the software, you will notice that it is very similar to Microsoft PowerPoint. After opening the software, you can view a presentation by searching for it by clicking on the open file option. You can navigate through the slides using the arrow keys, or the forward and back keys. You can print the selected presentation by clicking on the menu and then clicking on the print option.
Where to get the app?
You can get PowerPoint Viewer by following these steps -
- Click on the link and click on download PowerPoint Viewer.
- Download and open the PowerPoint Viewer installer.
- Read the PowerPoint Viewer ToS (Terms of Service).
- Read and agree to the PowerPoint Viewer License Agreement.
- Set a destination folder for PowerPoint Viewer and wait for it to be installed.
- Once it has been downloaded, click on the icon to launch PowerPoint Viewer.
- Easy to use User Interface (UI).
- Multi-language support.
- Lets you make password-protected files.
- Full-Screen mode.
- Allows you to print presentations.
- Can't edit presentations.
- You cannot print linked or embedded objects.
- You cannot run macros.