Plex Home Theater
Version: 188.8.131.529 Filesize: 50.66MB
- Open Source
- In English
Plex is developed by Plex Inc. and works as a global streaming platform that is capable of streaming multimedia from different online platforms. Plex is multipurpose software that can stream ad-supported free videos and stream movies and TV shows from various distributors, including Warner Bros, Endemol Shine Group, Crackle, Legendary, and Lionsgate. The software is also an ancillary software suite along with a client-server media player. The software is available in 43 languages and comes with the Freemium license along with a GPLv2 (General Public License version 2) license.
Plex can run macOS, Windows, and Linux operating systems. The server application available for desktop can run audio, photo, and video from the user's personal collection and other similar online services. The server also helps the player first to access then stream contents. It can run on various devices, including smart TVs, mobile devices, web applications, and streaming boxes. Plex also has its personal library, which has ad-supported videos on demand (AVOD) content, but it also comes with a Plex Pass, which is an optional paid subscription of services including metadata fetching for music, syncing with mobile devices, parental control, multiple-user support, live DVR or TV, extras, trailers, and cross-selling offers.
- The software supports over 100 live free channels, which can be streamed live from your device. The software can be used to have the ultimate TV experience, which can not be compared with anything else, and it also provides you with your favorite shows, news, and movies; all of them are recordable and free.
- With Plex, you can stream and watch over 20,000 free on-demand movies and shows, which are all streamed from various streaming applications or companies, including Crackle, Warner Bros, MGM, Lionsgate, and more.
- Plex can not only stream the media on the internet but can also give you access to any of your personal collections of media even when you're on the go. You can stream this media from any device you prefer.
- You can also opt for the Premium pass of the application, which promises to give you the gold standard in entertainment, and it also helps to support the community and the people who spend time working.
How to download Plex for your PC?
- 1. To download and install Plex on your PC, click on the download button given on the top of the screen, and your setup download will begin almost instantly. Once the setup is downloaded, click on the file to start the installation process.
- 2. On the installation wizard’s first screen, you will see a welcome note from the creator of the company. Click on Next to go to the next window where you will be asked for permission concerning the EULA or End User's License Agreement. You must click on I Agree to continue with the installation.
- 3. Now you will be asked for the address where you want to save installation files of Plex. Click on the address bar if you're going to edit the location, or you can continue with the location given by the installation wizard.
- 4. Now the final installation of Plex will take place, after which the software is successfully installed on your PC, and you're ready to use it.
- Plex comes with tons of features
- Regular updates with new features
- Only free-broadcasts are available on online TV