- Open Source
- In English
What is PCSX2?
Looking for a way to play your favorite PlayStation 2 games on your PC? Well then, PSCX2 is the right software for you. The PlayStation 2 was one of the most successful gaming consoles of all time, so it's obvious that after it was stopped being produced, people still wanted to play on it. PSCX2 is the software to help you with that. It is free to use PlayStation emulator that supports a wide variety of games. PCSX2 works on Windows 98 and higher.
What are emulators?
Emulators are software that allows a computer to behave like another system like a console. Emulators allow you to play your favorite classic games on your PC. This is extremely helpful, as it is unlikely that you still have the original console. Playing on PC also you to adjust the graphics and framerate to what you like. It is also much cheaper and easier to use than finding and using the actual system. It requires a minimum of 4 GB RAM (Although 8 GB RAM is recommended) and at least 2 GB video memory (although 4 GB is recommended)
Main Features of PCSX2
- User Interface (UI) – The PCSX2 Interface is very simple and easy to use.
- Languages – It is available in 8 different languages – English, German, Spanish, Italian, French, Polish, Japanese, and Chinese.
- It lets you have unlimited memory cards.
- Save State – It has a save state feature, which is incredibly convenient.
- External Controller Support – It allows you to plug in external controllers like your PS3/4 controller or your Xbox 360/One controller.
- Game speed – You can adjust the game speed in the settings.
- Game recording Feature – The software has a feature that also allows you to record in HD, which can be helpful for gamers and streamers.
How to use PCSX2?
Once it has been downloaded, click on the PCSX2 icon to open the software. You need the BIOS from your PlayStation console. Then you need to configure your PCSX2, this can be done by clicking on the Quick Configure option. For you to play your game, you need to insert an actual copy of the game into the CD drive. There you can play the game or copy the ISO files onto a disc.
How to get PCSX2?
Follow these steps to download PCSX2 –
- 1. Click on the download button to start downloading PCSX2.
- 2. Download and open the PCSX2 installer.
- 3. Read and click on I agree to the ToS (Terms of Service).
- 4. Agree to the License Agreement.
- 5. Set a destination folder and wait for the files to be installed.
- 6. You can now use PCSX2 when you want to play your favorite PS2 games.
- Easy to use interface
- Multilingual support
- Adjusting emulation speed
- Save slot feature
- External Controller Support
- It can use up a lot of your CPU
App Name: PCSX2
License: Open Source
OS: Windows Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10
Latest Update: 2020-11-25
Developer: PCSX2 Team
User Rating: 3.95
Category: Desktop Enhancements