Version: nan Filesize: 4.73MB
- Open Source
- In English
Overwatch is fun to play first-person-shooter (FPS) developed by the Studio Blizzard. It was released in the year 2016. It is available on Windows, PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch. In the game, two teams of six players each fight each other in different maps and different modes. The player can select from a roster of characters who are known as heroes. You can select between casual, competitive, and many arcade game modes. It was very well received by both the critics and the public and won many awards, including 100 different Game of the Year awards. It is included in the list of the greatest games of all time and is also very popular in E-Sports. It made Blizzard over a Billion dollars in revenue and has millions of active players.
Main Gameplay features
The game started with 21 heroes, and 11 more were added later, bringing the total number to 32. Each hero has a special ability, stats, and skills. They also have their own special moves, called ultimate abilities, which have to recharge after each use. Heroes can broadly be divided into three different categories, depending on the roles they perform. The three categories are –
- Tank Heroes – Tank heroes generally have a large amount of hit points as their main goal is to soak up damage from the enemy team. However, they generally lack serious damage or support abilities. Best tank heroes are – Winston, Roadhog, D.VA, and Wrecking Ball.
- Damage Heroes – Damage heroes deal extremely high amounts of damage but have an extremely low amount of health and support capabilities. The best damage heroes are – Ashe, Bastion, Tracer, and Genji.
- Support heroes – Support heroes generally don’t have good offensive capabilities but provide healing or buffs to teammates. Best support heroes are – Mercy, Baptiste, Ana, and Moira.
Overwatch is set around 60 years into the future, where robots with human like features are found everywhere. However, a lethal type of these robots went rogue and started attacking humans. In order to hold off these robots called Omnics, the United Nations forms a group of heroes called Overwatch. Overwatch successfully stops the robot uprising. However, an internal dispute between Reyes and Morrison is happening. This leads to a fight and explosion at the Overwatch HQ in Switzerland, where both men are presumed dead and Overwatch is disbanded. Overwatch does not have any official story mode; instead, the story is shown through small video packages for each hero.
How to install Overwatch?
Follow these steps to install Overwatch
- 1. Click on the download button to start installing Overwatch.
- 2. Download and open the Overwatch set up program.
- 3. Read the Blizzard Terms of Service.
- 4. Read the Blizzard License agreement.
- 5. Set the destination folder and wait for Overwatch to be downloaded.
You can now play Overwatch anytime you want.
- Fun to play for people of all skill levels.
- Vast variety of heroes to choose from.
- Good quality maps.
- Lots of fun game modes.
- Good e-sports scene.
- New characters are often unbalanced.
- Loot boxes are controversial as they can be considered forms of gambling.