Version: 2.6 Filesize: 135MB
- Open Source
- In English
Omnisphere is a synthesizer software developed by the company Spectrasonics. Since its release in 2008 it has consistently been the best synthesizer software available on the market. Spectrasonics was founded in the mid-1990s by Eric Persing and his wife. It has been a staple in the music industry since with its software and virtual instruments dominating the rest of the market. It is used by all the big shots in the industry. While its gargantuan amount of features can seem intimidating at first, users will realise just how good it is at making music and will soon get used to it.
What is a synthesizer software?
Synthesizer is a musical instrument that is used to generate sound signals. So, a software synthesizer is simply a program that can generate audio. It can simply be a virtual copy of a real instrument or a completely instrument made by the computer, that depends on the software. Software synthesizers are much faster than hardware synthesizers.
Main Features of Omnisphere
- User Interface (UI) – The software builds upon the existing layout of the previous version and makes it more streamlined and easier to use.
- Hardware Synth Integration Feature – It is a ground-breaking feature that integrates over 60 different hardware synthesizers. It bridges the gap between hardware and software synthesizers allowing software synthesizer workers to experience the hardware synthesizer workflow and allows the hardware synthesizer workers to finally see the software world.
- Audio – The user can now add their own audio into the software and can edit on work on it there. This is an extremely useful feature and is helpful to people in the industry.
- Sound Source Content – With the software come 12,000 sounds which can be used and explored. This is simply a staggering amount of sounds to pick from. There is also an incredibly convenient match sound feature which finds sound similar to the one played.
- Browser – The browser has been made faster, compact and easier to use with this new update.
- Effects – Adding to the already well stocked library of effects, the new version adds 25 more effect modules bringing the overall number of effect modules to 58.
How to use the Software?
Once the software has been downloaded, click on the application to open it. Upon opening the software, you can see that on the left hand of the screen is the patch browser where you can search for sound files and the rest of the screen has the synthesizer menu.
Where to get the Software?
You can get Omnishpere by following the steps below -
- 1. Click on the download button to start installing Omnisphere.
- 2. Download and open the Omnisphere.
- 3. Read the Omnisphere ToS (Terms of Service) and agree to it.
- 4. Read the Omnisphere Typing License agreement.
- 5. Select the destination folder for Omnisphere and wait for it to install.
You can now use Omnisphere anytime you want.
- Easy to use, User Interface (UI).
- Hardware Synth Integration.
- 12,000 + Preset sounds.
- Better browser.
- Expanded library of effects.
- Too many features, some never get used.