OBS Studio (64-bit)
- Open Source
- In English
OBS Studio or the Open Broadcasting Software is a free and open software that is developed and maintained by OBS Project. It is a cross-platform streaming and recording software built with Qt. OBS Project initially released the software on September 1, 2012, and the latest version on October 6, 2020. The program is mainly written in C and C++ and is available for Windows, macOS, and Linux. The OBS project is funded on an open collective with the help of sponsors. Twitch and Facebook are two of the major sponsors that OBS has.
The software suite is majorly used for recording and live streaming. OBS provides real-time source and device capture. The transmission through the software is mainly done by the Real-Time Messaging Protocol (RTMP) and can be sent to any destination supporting the same. OBS has preset for some of the streaming giants such as Twitch, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. OBS is programmed in such a manner that it can use x264 free software library, Nvidia NVENC, Intel Quick Sync Video and AMD Video Coding Engine to code a video in MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 format and the H.265/HEVC format. It Is also capable of coding multiple audio tracks using the AAC codecs.
- OBS is a high-performance software which is capable of capturing audio/video in real-time. It can create scenes using several sources, some of which are – images, text, window capture, webcams, capture cards, and much more.
- You can set up any number of scenes and seamlessly make a transition between them using OBS. The software comes with several powerful and easy to use a configuration; you can add new sources, duplicate sources and even adjust their properties effortlessly.
- The software comes with a built-in audio mixer with per-source filters such as noise suppression, noise gate and gain. You can get full control of your audio with the VST plug-in support.
- The settings are streamlined as per the users' requirement, and they give you a wide array of configuration options so that you can tweak every inch of your recording or broadcast as per your preference.
- The modified 'Dock' user interface comes with a layout that is entirely rearrangeable. Each dock can be popped out of its window, which means you can change the design as you like, and the only limit is your imagination.
- OBS comes with built-In support for almost all major streaming platforms. So you don’t need to need to worry if your streaming platform would be compatible with the software.
- The software has several professional productions like features, and one of them is the number of different and customizable transitions present for you to use when switching between videos. You can even add your own stinger videos.
- The software comes with a studio mode that lets you preview your scenes and sources before streaming them live. So that you can ensure all your scenes and sources are perfect before your viewers see them. You can get a high-level view of your production using the Multiview. The Multiview is capable of monitoring eight different scenes, and the various scenes can be easily transited using merely a single click or a double click.
How to Download for PC (For Windows 7, 8 and 10)?
- 1. Click on the download button on the top-right corner to download OBS setup for windows.
- 2. After the setup has finished downloading, click on Run or Open to run the setup.
- 3. Follow the instructions of the installation setup to install the OBS Studio.
- 4. After the installation is complete, run the OBS Studio, and you are ready to record or stream on your favourite streaming platform.
- Support for several popular streaming platforms
- Free software with features of a paid program
- Huge archive of plug-ins
- Open-source software, therefore, slower updates.
App Name: OBS Studio (64-bit)
License: Open Source
OS: Windows XP64 / Vista64 / Windows 7 64 / Windows 8 64 / Windows 10 64
Latest Update: 2020-12-02
Developer: OBS Team
User Rating: 4.24
Category: Video Software