Version: 2020.3 Filesize: 24.4MB
- Open Source
- In English
Computers are an electronic device that helps the user in their work. The laptop helps every individual in their personal and professional job. Any complicated tasks or calculations can be done effortlessly using computers. Computers can store a vast amount of data and provides many services. We can install various software on our PC/Laptop according to our requirement. Software is a set of code or instruction that offers additional services or tell the computer how to perform a particular task. Even visually impaired people can use computers with the help of screen reader software. A screen reader is a type of support technology that allows text and image content to speak or output braille. Screen readers are essential for blind people and useful for people with a lack of vision, illiteracy, or learning disabilities. There are lots of software that help in this process; one such efficient software is NVDA.
NVDA (NonVisual Desktop Access) is an NV Access product; this software is an efficient screen reader. It speaks the text on the screen in a robotic voice. You can monitor what is read to you by shifting the cursor to the appropriate text region with a cursor or the arrows on your keyboard. If the computer user has an apparatus called a "braille display," it can also translate the text into braille. For many blind people, this software is the gateway to education and employment. It also gives access to social networking, shopping online, banking and news. This software requires basic computer requirements and can run effortlessly on Windows XP and later versions. This software is very effortless to download; the installation process takes place only a few minutes to complete. All these features make this software very useful and a must-have.
Features of NVDA
- Beneficial- This software is useful for blind people. Visually impaired people can use computers with the help of this software.
- Voices- Vocalizer Expressive text-to-speech synthesizer features high-quality human-sounding, for reading documents and apps loudly.
- Speak to Type- Characters, words, or both may be spoken verbally to increase confidence while writing a document or a relevant field of an email in any text field.
- Easy to Download- This software is very effortless to download; the installation process takes place only a few minutes to complete.
How to download NVDA on Windows?
- 1- Just click on the download button and select a location to download the file.
- 2- After the download finishes, open the NVDA folder and extract its content.
- 3- Now, open the NVDA folder and double click on the NVDA setup file.
- 4- Now an installation window appears, now agree to the License Agreement and select an installation location.
- 5- It will take a few minutes to install NVDA; click on the Finish button after installation.
- This software helps blind people to use a computer.
- This software helps you speak to type.
- This software is easy to download and install.
- This software only works with Windows OS.