Need for Speed Underground 2
Version: nan Filesize: 345.88MB
- Open Source
- In English
Need For Speed: Underground 2 is a competitive racing game which is the eighth instalment in the famous Need For Speed series (more popularly known as NFS), and was released in 2004. It was the first title in the Need For Speed series that came with free roam and is a sequel to the Need For Speed: Underground. It is set in a fictional city called Bayview. EA Black Box developed the game; Java programming was done by Ideaworks Game Studio, Game Boy Advance version by Pocketeers and published by Electronic Arts. The hame is made with the game engine EAGL.
The story begins after the player (the person playing the game) has beaten Eddie’s gang called “ The Eastsiders” in Olympic City. The player is then revered as the best street racer In the Olympic City. After this final race, the player receives an "invitation" to join a bald man's team. The mysterious man tells the player that he has to join the team and “he is not taking no for an answer”. In defiance, the player abruptly hangs upon the man. Later, when the player is en route to a party he gets a call from Samantha, suddenly he is blinded by headlights of the Hummer H2 that was waiting for him in an alley. The player's Skyline gets rammed by the Hummer, and the car becomes a wreck. The player later arrives in Bayview with a good luck note from Samantha and with a car key fob engraved with the name “Rachel”, who is referred to the player by Samantha. The car key belongs to a Nissan 350Z, and the story begins.
- The game consists of two modes – the Quick Race mode and the Career mode. In the Career Mode, the players have to complete races and advance through the game. The career is also divided into five levels with increasing difficulty.
- In the Quick Race Mode, the players can make their races and can use the cars from my cars or any vehicle from their Career Mode as well. New cars and car parts are also unlocked as the player completes the Career Mode.
- Being the first game to provide Free Roam, the players can roam around the city but only at night. The whole Bayview is split-up in five districts; each district has different aesthetics and roads. Through the Free Roam, players can reach the place where the events are held. They can also take the help of the in-game GPS to find Tuning Shops and Car Lots.
- The player can also find money rewards and unmarked races while roaming around Bayview; also, you can discover Outrun events, which are held with other (AI) street racers.
- Types of Events in NFS: Underground –
- Circuit – Players complete a closed-loop or circuit of the road for a set number of times.
- Drag – Players have to complete a short straight stretch of road in the shortest time, while manually changing the gears and without getting the car totalled.
- Drift – Players have to slide their car around a closed circuit. The person with the maximum points wins, and the points depend on the angle and speed of the slide.
- Outrun – The player must overtake the car of a random opponent (who starts in front of you) and create a difference of 1000feet (300m) to win. The one who's in front of the other can lead the race, and the path is not predefined.
- Special Event – The player must complete a closed point A and point B event before the time runs out.
- Sprint – Players compete against each other to complete the path between Point A and Point B.
- Street X – Players compete against other racers in a closed circuit with tight corners with a set number of laps.
- SUV Events – A selection of circuit and sprint events where only SUVs can race.
- Underground Racing League – Players compete against other racers in Tournament-type-races, and the winner unlocks a car in the car lots.
- Some of the new addition in the Need For Speed: Underground includes the Dyno-Run and the Fine-Tuning which helps the player to optimize their car’s performance.
How to download NFS: Underground on PC?
- 1. Click on the Download button given on the top-right corner.
- 2. The installer starts getting downloaded. After it is done Run the installer.
- 3. Specify the location where you prefer storing the install-files or go with the path chosen by the wizard.
- 4. Continue following the instructions of the wizard until your game is installed.
- 5. After the game is installed, you are ready to burn-some-rubber.
- More amount of modifications
- A large number of events to participate
- Large city for free-roaming
- Lots of street racing action
- Circuit races with too many laps
- No points for taking airborne leaps
- Low-quality graphics