Version: 6.1.02 Filesize: 2.3MB
- Open Source
- In English
Not Another PDF Scanner 2 or NAPS2 is a software developed by Ben Olden-Cooligan, and its primary function is scanning PDFs, but it also comes with many other side functions which make it a unique software. NAPS2 provides the user with an independent choice of customization when scanning a document. The software can be made to set up on multiple devices with different profiles or the same; the user is given a choice. It also allows you to configure the scanned PDF in any way you like; you can use it to print, save or email it to someone. The software also allows you to save them not only in PDF but also JPEG, PNG, TIFF, and many ore format files.
The software comes with drivers for many scanners, which can be chosen to suit you the best; the software also has settings like DPI selection, bit depth, and page size. The software supports data from an automatic document feeder or a flat-bed scanner, whichever suits you the best. It also has support for the duplex. With the software, you can customize and re-order the pages of your document and even tools for duplexed pages. The software also has tools for straightening your images by any angle or rotating them at a right angle per click. NAPS2 also can change the brightness and contrast of an image and even crop it.
- The software is free of cost and is available with a GPL or General Public License, which makes sure that it can be used by a large public without having to spend a single penny. It is a productivity software for Windows.
- NAPS2 is an incredibly lightweight software that does not put too much strain on the hardware of the PC, and this means that you can work with it and also do multitasking with as many other software applications as you like.
- The software is available in more than 40 different languages, and it can use its OCR (Optical Character Reader) for more than 100 languages which makes the software extra special.
- The software supports many formats for saving the scanned images on the PC, including PNG, JPG, and TIFF. The software can also bundle up several images to form a PDF document, making it easier to work with. The software also has tools for organizing and sorting out pages in the PDF.
How to download NAPS2 for your PC?
- 1. To download and install NAPS2 for your PC, click on the download button given on the top-right corner of the screen, and the download of your setup will start. Once the download is finished, click on the downloaded file to start the installation process.
- 2. Now the installation wizard of NAPS2 will open up, and you will see a welcome note; click on the Next button in the installer to go to the next step on the installation. Here you will be asked for the agreement to the installation and usage license of the software. Click on I Agree to continue with the NAPS2 installation.
- 3. Now the software will ask you for the location on the PC where you want to save the software's installation files; click on the address box to enter a custom location or continue with the default location.
- 4. Now the final installation will take place; once it is done, you are ready to use NAPS2.
- Simple interface
- Not too crowded with functions
- No cons yet