Version: 3.5 Filesize: 9.71MB
- Open Source
- In English
Multiplicity is a software for PC capable of sharing the same mouse and keyboard from one host PC to more than two client PCs. The software was developed by a ThinkDesk subsidiary Stardock on a subscription-based model but can also be bought separately. Many people might expect the software to be like a remote desktop application, but it is not. The software does not open the windows of a client PC in the host PC; instead, it just shifts the keyboard and mouse's focus from one PC to another. Multiplicity works in a similar manner as a KVM switch, but that is not wholly true as a KVM switch is a hardware part and need cables to attach to the client PCs, but the process in Multiplicity takes place wirelessly, which means that you can share the mouse and the keyboard without any cables or extra cost.
Multiplicity does not use any cables or any other hardware, and the keyboard and mouse are always connected to the host PC, but their usage is forwarded to the client PC via network connections, which can be transferred over 30564 TCP/IP port. The shifting happens when the mouse is taken to an edge of the monitor screen or through keyboard shortcuts. Multiplicity is only available for Windows operating systems and supports Windows XP and above. The software comes in two versions; the first one is the standard software that can do basic image and text copy and pasting between PCs, but the Pro version of the software can control upto 9 computers and move folders, files, and any other data between the machines.
- An easy and straightforward interface can help you get all your PCs ready to work together, in minutes, without any headache or any cumbersome steps.
- With a Standard version, copy-pasting text and images between the systems are possible and easy with drag-and-drop support.
- Increases productivity with the use of multiple devices and machines.
- It is a fantastic tool for graphic designers, 3D animators, developers, and other professionals who need different systems and the multitasking capability to work on several things at once. The software allows these professionals to run various programs on different computers.
- The software is also suitable for gamers, mainly MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Games) types, which helps them keep an eye on the game on one system and anything other than that on other systems. The software allows people who want to control two characters at once without compromising the controls on either of them.
How to download Multiplicity on your PC?
- 1. To download Multiplicity n your PC, click on the following download button given. Once you've clicked on the downloaded button, the software gets downloaded; click on the browser's downloaded file to run the Multiplicity setup.
- 2. If you cant open your file from there, open your default downloads folder or any other place where you may have saved the file manually.
- 3. The installation process now starts; click on Next to go to the next screen from the Welcome window; on the next window, you will see the End User's Agreement, which are the terms and conditions of the installation; click on I Agree if you agree with the terms and conditions.
- 4. The setup now shows you the location windows where you have to select the location where you want your software to go; you can also manually browse your PC to look for a custom location to save the files.
- 5. Click on Next to start the final installation, and when it is done, you're ready to use multiple PCs with a single keyboard and mouse.
- Ability to control multiple PCs efficiently
- Shifts mouse and keyboard focus via display matrix
- Only online help available
- More usable from the settings dialog
- Windows only