Version: 2016 Filesize: 4198.4MB
- Open Source
- In English
Microsoft Project is developed and published by Microsoft Corporation. The software is made for project management and for project leaders to coordinate better with their teams. It is capable of giving resources for different tasks, making a schedule, tracking progress; it can also be used for creating and managing a budget. Microsoft Project has been part of the Microsoft family for almost 36 years. Still, it is never included with the official Office suite and has to be downloaded separately with a separate license. The software is currently available in two versions, Professional and Standard. Project is available for Microsoft Windows.
Microsoft Project is a platform, which is specifically made for the management and analysis of projects. You can also use it for collaborating and planning your projects. With its help, you can make an even better presentation while promoting much more productivity and efficiency amongst the team. The Microsoft Project has the same familiar user-interface (ribbon-based interface) and professional look as the other Microsoft Office programs. MS Project helps the project manager in assigning tasks and creating work plans. It can help in keeping track of the assigned task and how is it evolving. Also, because of its assistance, the workload and budget can be managed without a hitch.
The project planning can be done quickly with the help of dynamic scheduling that comes with MS Project. It can help you schedule tasks based on the project duration, the effort needed and also the number of members in a team.
Business intelligence for improving results
The Microsoft Project comes with an option to create customized and interactive dashboards to keep track of the overall status of the project, and for easily looking into the details of your plans and projects, it uses Power BI visualization.
Innovation in your hands
With MS Project, you can easily customize your interface and even create an automated and independent workflow. All the customizations are made on the secure and flexible Azure cloud, which is also a Microsoft Corporation product.
Even though you can create a project from scratch in MS Project, not everyone wants to spend so much time on it; therefore Project also provides readymade templates that can help people save time. For the customizations, Project uses Gantt charts and timelines so that however large your project is you can still have total control over it.
When using multiple apps from Microsoft, you can increase your productivity. Using MS Teams and Skype with MS Projects people can connect better to each other and also helps improve their coordination. While using MS Powerpoint with MS Project, you can give even more elaborate presentations.
How to download on PC (Windows)?
- 1. Click on the Download button given on the top right corner to start downloading the installer.
- 2. When the installer is downloaded click on it to run the installation setup.
- 3. Specify the path where you want your installation files to go.
- 4. When asked for the license code, enter the product key you have, or install the software in trial version (10 days validity).
- 5. The installation takes some time, wait patiently. When the installation is completed click on Finish to exit the setup.
- 6. Your Microsoft Project is installed, and you're ready to make new plans.
- A flexible tool to work with
- Connectivity to other MS Office tools
- Options in channels of communication
- Great reliability and support
- Variety of ready-to-use templates
- High cost
- Limited opportunities for data sharing
- Too advanced
- Compatibility issues with many PCs