Version: 4.5 Filesize: 7.52MB
- In English
Microsoft ActiveSync is the latest silk software which was released for Windows mobile-based devices. It provides a great synchronisation experience with Windows-based PCS and Microsoft. It acts as the gateway between your Windows-based PC and Windows mobile-based devices which enables the transfer of outlook information, pictures, music, videos, office documents, from your devices. The software can synchronise directly with Microsoft exchange server 2003 by which you can keep your email calendar, data, contact information, tasks updated and wirelessly when you are away from your PC.
This software is developed by Microsoft Corporation. The supported platforms are Windows 2000, Windows XP and Windows XP 64. The latest version of this software is named as Microsoft ActiveSync 4.5. It provides support for PC sync by USB cable, infrared connection or Bluetooth. This software provides for the manual transfer of files to a mobile device along with limited backup functionality. It has the ability to install and uninstall mobile device applications. The supported mobile devices are PDAs, Windows CE or blackberry 10 or smartphones running Windows mobile.
The 1.0 version of ActiveSync was released in 1996, and the supported platform is Windows 95. Version 2.0 was released in 1997. Afterwards, it is renamed to Windows CE services. It provides support for Windows CE 2. Its 3.0 version was released in 1999. Later, it was renamed to Activesync. It is faster, simplified and vastly improved. Its version 3.5 was released in 2001 with improved USB functionality, security and sync performance. It supports new Windows XP and Office XP releases.
Some essential features of Microsoft ActiveSync
- It has high transfer speed, and photo sync via Outlook are only available for Windows.
- The remote PC sync has been removed from the software due to enterprise customer feedback around security issues.
- customers who use Microsoft exchange 2003 service pack 2 with devices running the messaging and security feature pack will get benefit from the following feature enhancements in the program such as direct push technology, certificate password authentication and local device wipe to Microsoft exchange.
- Microsoft Outlook 2010 not supported by ActiveSync. It is mostly recommended that users upgrade to Microsoft Outlook 2003 collaboration and messaging client.
- The tool does not support the conversion of database files for use on a mobile device.
- connectivity and synchronisation may require separately purchased equipment and wireless products, for example, Wi-Fi card, server hardware, network software or redirector software.
How to download and install Microsoft ActiveSync on PC?
- 1. Click on the download button and download the setup file for Microsoft ActiveSync.
- 2. When the downloading process is completed, run the downloaded file.
- 3. Follow all setup steps and proceed through the setup.
- 4. Installation will usually take a few minutes, so be patient.
- 5. Now click on finish and run the Microsoft ActiveSync application.
- Manage permissions
- Manager space
- Difficulty in creating groups
- One-touch technology could be better