Version: 2016 Filesize: 4198.4MB
- Open Source
- In English
Microsoft Access is a database creation and management software abbreviated as DBMS and can combine the Microsoft Jet Database Engine with a user-friendly graphical interface and has other typical database management tools. The software can be bought with Office 365 or the Microsoft Office Suite, it is included in all the editions of the Office and can also be purchased separately. As Microsoft Access is capable of creating a database, it should also be capable of protecting that database, and therefore the latest update comes with improved protection measures. The software also comes with a trial period of 30 days when downloaded and used for the first time.
The Microsoft Access stores data in .accdb format which is supported by the Jet Database Engine. The software is also capable of linking the database with other databases and applications. As the primary function of the software is database management, it is used mostly by software developers, power users and data architect for the development of applications. Access databases are also supported by other Microsoft applications like the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), and it is legacy component like the Data Access Objects (DAO), ActiveX objects, and many other elements that belong to ActiveX. Visual Objects can be used in reports and forms which expose their properties and methods in the VBA IDE and VBA coding modules, which in turn may call and declare other Windows OS operations.
- Access comes with database templates so that you don’t have to spend time to create a database from scratch. The software has several functions which allow you to create a custom app, and you can also get inspired by the newer and more professionally designed apps templates that are coming up. The software lets you create your templates and reuse it or share it with friends.
- Combining Microsoft Access and VBA allows you o create forms and reports which can be used to store and automate the business application process. It makes a different standard for your forms and reports.
- Access can not just create databases but is capable of making an application for your business processes. With Access, you’re free to store data wherever you prefer to be it a hard drive or cloud so that you can easily share your data with your colleagues.
- Combining Microsoft Access and Azure allows you to store data in SQL Servers and Azure SQL using your database. Azure provides you with robust security, reliability, long-term manageability, and scalability. Access applications can leverage true mission-critical and SQL syntax back end from whether they are deployed on-premises or on the cloud.
How to download Microsoft Access for PC?
- 1. To download Microsoft Access, click on the download button given on the top-right corner of the screen.
- 2. Your setup starts downloading. When the Microsoft Access setup is downloaded, double click on it to start the installations process.
- 3. When the setup asks you for End User’s Agreement, click on I Agree to continue with the installation process. Specify the path you want your files to take or click on Continue to choose the default path.
- 4. When the installation is complete, the software would ask you for a product key or login (if you have an Office 365 subscription). If you don’t have either you can use the software for a trial period of 30 days.
- 5. Now your Access is ready to create and manage databases.
- Allows you to create Access applications form the templates
- Access allows accessing other apps with SharePoint function
- Share data with SkyDrive
- Can import and open databases of Access 2010 and Excel files
- Less focus on typical databases
- Removes some Upsizing Wizard and Query designs