Max Payne 1
Version: nan Filesize: 130.81MB
- Open Source
- In English
Max Payne is Published by Gathering of Developers and is developed by Remedy Entertainment. It is a third-person shooter video game first released for Microsoft Windows in July 2001, and a year later for Xbox and PlayStation 2, a tie-in was also published by Rockstar Games for Game Boy Advance. The game was also released for macOS later by MacSoft in North America and for the other parts of the globe by Feral Interactive. The game was also planned to be released for Dreamcast (a Sega product) but was cancelled later due to Sega's decision to discontinue the console. Later, the game was released for other platforms like the PlayStation 3 and 4 (a PS2 emulated version), iOS and Android.
The game is centred around a guy named Max Payne, who was a former NYPD detective; he starts investigating the death of his wife and daughter, which has a connection to a drug trafficking case. The mysterious drug is called “Valkyr”; when Max starts investigating the drug he gets caught in a very complex and massive conspiracy which involves some of the major players like a pharmaceutical company, crime syndicates, a secret society and the U.S. Military. The game features neco-noir type gameplay and uses comic panels with voice-over as a primary means of storytelling. The game uses a lot of terms from the Norse Mythology, Ragnarok myth in particular, and several names are also taken from there. The game later inspired a movie of the same name.
- The gameplay is based on the use of bullet-time mechanics during firefights; it means that when a bullet is fired, the gameplay becomes so slow that the shot can be seen even with the naked eyes, even though the same happens to the player's movement. However, the player still has a chance to dodge the bullet. Which also gives the player a chance and time to react and plan during fights.
- The player is equipped with a 9mm pistol at the beginning of the game. However, later in the game, more number of weapons become available, the player can also use dual-wielding using some weapons, but the dual-wielding increases the consumption of ammo. And, like any other game here too if Max loses health, it can be instantly replenished by taking painkillers.
- In the game, the AI is dependent on pre-written commands for all the behaviour exhibited by the enemies. The progression through the game is quite linear with the level system. The game's storyline is also taken forward by Max’s thoughts and the next steps the player takes as Max.
- The game also has "Dead on Arrival" and "New York Minute" modes other than the campaign mode. In the "New York Minute" mode, the player has to finish a chapter in the allotted time. And in "Dead on Arrival" mode the player can only perform seven saves in a game. After completing this mode, the player unlocks "The Last Challenge", which put the player in a firefight with a hitman named “Killer Suit”.
How to download on PC (Windows)?
- 1. Click the download button given on the top-right corner of the screen to download the ZIP file for Max Payne.
- 2. Once the file is downloaded, double-click on it to open the file
- 3. Search for the Max Payne 1 setup.
- 4. Double-clicking again will begin the installation process; when asked for the License Agreement click on I Agree to continue the installation.
- 5. Once the game is installed, you're ready to put some holes with bullets.
- Engaging plot
- Exciting gameplay
- Bullet-time mechanics
- Excessive voice-over and comic strip
- Graphics somewhat outdated