Version: 2.20.6 Filesize: 15.82MB
- In English
MatterControl is an all-in-one, open-sourced, free software made by MatterHackers. MatterHacker is based in Orange County, California and was founded in 2012. The company is mainly based on 3D printing technology and supplies 3D printing tools and materials. The company was started by Kevin Pope, Michael Hulse and Lars Brubaker. The software can be said to be a multi-purpose software that can be used for several purposes like designing objects from scratch with the help of the tools in the designing tab. The software also comes with slicing tools so that you can slice objects with the most advanced tools available which come with integrated for double extrusion using 64-bit processing technology, software bed leveling, and customized support generation. The software can also be used to print 3D objects directly from the software so that you don't have to rely on 3rd party software for printing your objects.
The software claims to be the first one to provide integration of design, preparation and printing from a single software or end-user application. The designing tools that come with the software allows you to show your creativity while developing the object, which makes every 3D object that you create are genuinely yours. The software is a complete solution for preparing and printing an object; not only that, the software also comes with templates that you can edit if you don't prefer to create an item from scratch.
- The software provides you with a bird's eye view of the object that you may be designing, and also allows you to check every nook and corner of the object that you're creating so that you can check it carefully for any errors or faults.
- The software comes with many designing and creating tools which can help you to personalize and customize the object that you're making entirely.
- The latest update of the software comes with several professional tools which usually can only be found with the pricey architecture and engineering grade software available in the market.
- MatterHacker continually strives and struggles in the field of 3D printing to create and bring the best solutions and technologies to its users, one of which is the MatterControl, which is updated with newer features frequently. The latest version comes with real-time modification tools like speed, Z-offset and extrusion adjustments. The software also comes with a feature that will give you a notification when your printing gets completed.
- With the newer tools and, the option of fine-tuning extrusion prints, creating customized support, other tools like design apps and design tools.
- MatterControl doesn't only come with an open-source license but is also free of cost. The parent company claims that the developers discuss and take suggestions of its users as to what they require to make their printing and designing experience with the software even better.
How to download MatterControl for PC (Windows)?
- 1. Click the download button given on the top-right area of the screen to download MatterControl setup.
- 2. Once the setup is downloaded, double-click on it to start the MatterControl installation wizard.
- 3. The wizard will ask you to specify the location you want your files to take, either you can specify a custom path of your own or you can continue with the path provided by the wizard.
- 4. Wait patiently for the software to get installed.
- 5. Once MatterControl is installed, you're ready to create and edit a 3D object.
- Includes three types of slicers
- Straightforward to use
- Comes with basic queueing for multiple printing
- Has both basic and advanced settings
- Crashes randomly
- Not stable on macOS
- The interface is a bit confusing