Version: 18.9 Filesize: 58.02MB
- Open Source
- In English
Kodi is a free and open-source software media player. It has won several awards because of its great features. It is available on Linus, Mac, Windows and Android. It allows you to view and play most media files from both the local storage and the internet. It was originally called XBMP (Xbox Media Player) and was developed for the original Xbox in 2002. It was then designed as a complete alternative to the Xbox dashboard. It was then ported to run on Linux, Mac and Windows and was called XBMC. Kodi was one of my favorite programs to use on the original Xbox, and its modern renditions certainly do the classic justice with the wide variety of features and ease of use. Its an amazing media player, especially considering its free.
Main Features of Kodi
- Music – Kodi lets you play all your favorite music in different formats like mp3, flac, wav WMA. It also lets you organize your music into playlists.
- Movies – Kodi lets you watch your favorite movies in all the major formats. You can import movies, play and browse them.
- TV Shows – It lets you watch your favorite TV shows and lets you organize them by season and by episode. This can help you in keeping track of what you are watching.
- Pictures – It allows you to save, browse pictures and filter pictures.
- PVR – It allows you to record live TV directly from your User Interface (UI).
- Add-Ons – The add-ons available are made by the users themselves and can be very convenient. You can get these through repositories.
- Web Interface – You can use web browsers and third-party tools to enhance your experience.
- UPnP – Kodi allows you to stream to devices which are also UPnP compatible like your TV.
- Remote Controls – The Kodi app supports many different remote controls. It even supports mobile or PC remote apps, which is very convenient.
- Language Support – The app is available in 7 different languages – English, Finnish, Norwegian, Swedish, Dutch, Spanish and Danish.
How to Use the App?
Click on the App Icon to open the app. To start watching stuff on Kodi, first thing you have to do is go to Enter Files and select the files you want to view. You can now watch videos from local sources. You can also click on the search button which lets you browse both local sources and from third party sources like YouTube. You can also make the interface look much better by using Kodi Skins which essentially overhaul the UI (User Interface).
How to get the App?
Follow the steps to download KodiApp -
- 1. Click on the link and click on download Kodi .
- 2. Download and open the Kodi installer.
- 3. Read the Kodi ToS (Terms of Service).
- 4. Read and agree to the Kodi License Agreement.
- 5. Set a destination folder for Kodi and wait for it to be installed.
- 6. Once it has been downloaded, click on the icon to launch Kodi.
- Available in 7 different languages.
- Record your favorite TV shows.
- Community add ons.
- It supports external remote controls.
- You need to get your own media to play it on Kodi.