Version: 20.8.02 Filesize: 81MB
- Open Source
- In English
Making a video is easy, but making a fantastic video requires lots of editing. A perfectly edited video consists of filters, themes, text, soundtracks, unnoticed cuts, and many more. Doing all this requires a high-end video editor tool and consumes most of your time. But if you have Kdenlive on your PC/Laptop, all this editing can be done within hours. Kdenlive is one of the best video editing tools that you can use.
Kdenlivw is a free and open-source video editing software based on the MLT Framework, KDE, and Qt. In 2002 Jason Wood started this project but now is maintained by a small team of developers. The libraries used by Kdenlive are MLT, Frei0r effects, SoX, and LADSP. It has a very easy to use GUI which you can learn within hours and can master the art of video editing. This software supports all the formats supported by FFmpeg or libav such as QuickTime, AVI, WMV, MPEG, and Flash Video. You can also use this software to write videos on DVD with chapters and a simple menu.
Features of Kdenlive
- Multi-track Video Editing:- This software enables you to edit several videos at once. You mute or unmute or lock any video according to you. This feature helps you to edit your videos quickly.
- Use of any Audio/Video Format:- This software is supported by powerful FFmpeg libraries which enables Kdenlive to use almost any audio and video format without converting or re-encoding your clips.
- Many Effects and Transitions:- Kdenlive enables you to access a large number of effects ranging from standard transform, auto color correction, audio adjustment, and many more.
- Automatic Backup:- Kdenlive provides an excellent backup service; it backups your project file automatically every few minutes and also saves the old versions of the project file.
- Themes and Online Resources:- This software provides various theme engines that have lots of light and dark themes. Moreover, you can also download title templates, render profiles, wipes from the interface.
How to download and install Kdenlive in Windows?
- Step 1:- Just click on the download button and select a location where you want the file to download.
- Step 2:- After the download finishes, open the Kdenlive folder and extract the content from it.
- Step 3:- Now open the Kdenlive folder and double click on the Kdenlive setup file.
- Step 4:- Now an installation window appears, now agree to the License Agreement and select a location for installation.
- Step 5:- It will take a few minutes to install Kdenlive, Click on the Finish button after installation.
- Easy to download and install.
- A straightforward interface that makes it easier to operate.
- All formats of Videos and Audio can be used.
- Provides automatic backup.
- Not suitable for green hands.
- Slow update.
- No powerful video effects like PIP and Faceoff.