KakaoTalk for PC
- In English
Kakao Talk is free to use a messaging application available on not just iPhone and iOS but also on Windows and MacOS. It was developed and is operated by Kakao Corp., which is a Korean Internet company that offers a variety of different services. It offers free texting and calling services. It has over 200 million users who have registered with the app. It has 50 million active users, the majority of which are in Korea.
Main Features of Kakao Talk
- User Interface (UI) – The User Interface (UI) of the app is very well designed, is sleek, and very to use.
- Fast – The app is very fast, sending messages, videos, and images near instantaneously.
- Video Calls- It allows you to have video calls with 5 people.
- Themes – The app allows you to customize your themes.
- Games – You can distribute, download, and play games via the Kakao Talk app.
- Languages – Kakao talk is available in15 different languages.
- Voice filters – It has voice filters that are fun to mess around with.
- Group chats – The app supports group chats with unlimited members, which is better than most of its competition, which usually only support 50 members.
- Multi-platform – It is available on both PC and on mobile which is incredibly convenient as you can use it wherever you like.
- Syncing with Other Kakao apps – This apps sync incredibly well with other Kakao apps like for e.g. Kakao Music as you can share music through Kakao Talk. It also works well with Kakao friends, Kakao pay, and Kakao TV. So if you have other Kakao apps, this app would mix in extremely well, making it even more convenient for the user.
- Privacy and Security issues – The app has no privacy protocol and has no encryption, unlike WhatsApp making it less safe to use.
- Emoticons – The emoticons are extremely limited.
- Korea – Centric – The app is largely based around and caters to a Korean audience, and because of that, it does not have a large user base outside of Korea.
- No data backup - It does not store the chats of the user, which can be problematic if you are switching over to a new device.
How to use the App?
Once the app has been installed, click on it to open. Then register with your phone number to start chatting. You can search for your friends via their phone numbers or through the special Kakao ID.
Where to get the App from?
You can get it by following the steps below.
- 1. Click on download button given on top right corner.
- 2. Save the installer on your system and then open it.
- 3. Follow the set-up instructions and click on confirm to finish the installation process.
- 4. Now, simply click on the app to start chatting.
- Easy to use.
- Syncs well with other Kakao apps.
- Game sharing and support.
- Korea centric.
- No encryption.
- Limited library of emoticons.
- No data backup feature
App Name: KakaoTalk for PC
OS: Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10
Latest Update: 2020-11-28
Developer: Daum Kakao Corp.
User Rating: 3.81
Category: Messaging and Chat