Java Runtime Environment (64-bit)
- In English
Java Runtime Environment or more popularly known as Java is a programming language and a computing platform. Sun Microsystems released Java in 1995. Since then, it has become widely popular with programmers for building websites and application. Many of the websites won't work unless you have Java installed and many new ones are also being created every day. In present times Java is used in a wide variety of places such as laptops, game consoles, cell phones, internet and even supercomputers.
When you download Java software from the official website, you get the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) which is the runtime component of Java software and the only thing that you will need to run Java on your web browser. The JRE is a collection of tools, namely the Java Virtual Machine (JVM), Java platform classes and other supporting platform libraries. JRE also comes with a Java Plug-in which is required to run some of the applets written in the Java programming language in various web browsers. The Plug-in cannot be downloaded as a standalone program. Java is available for Windows XP, Vista or above and macOS 10.7.3 and above.
- Java programming is said to be object-oriented, and because it is designed in such a manner, it can easily be extended.
- Programming languages like C and C++ are compiled into a platform or machine-specific codes; on the other hand, Java codes are platform-independent. This platform-independent code then is distributed over the web and uses the Java Virtual Machine (JVM) to get interpreted and for running on a platform.
- Java programming language is easy to learn, and if a person understands the basic concept of OOP Java, it becomes easy to master. Java programming language is not only easy to learn but also secure. It enables a person to develop a virus-free and tamper-free systems.
- As the Java programming language is platform-independent, it can run on many types of processors the only requirement is the presence of the Java Runtime Environment which comes with the built-in interpreter Java Virtual Machine. As the language is independent of the platform, it does not require fixed specifications to run on a device. The compiler is written in ANSI C with a clean portability boundary, which is a POSIX subset.
- Java is a multithreaded programming language and is capable of writing programs that can run programs simultaneously; the design allows the programmers to make interactive app smoothly.
- The Java code is interpreted on the run to the machine language and is not stored anywhere. The process of development is more rapid as compared to any other programming language since the linking process is incremental and light-weight.
How to download for PC (Windows and macOS)?
- 1. Click on the download button given on the top-right corner of the screen to download the setup of Java Runtime Environment.
- 2. After downloading the file of your preference, either click on Run or Open to run the installer.
- 3. The installation process begins. On the first window, click on Install to accept the terms and conditions, and continue with the installation.
- 4. The parent company of Java – Oracle, has partnered with many companies, and after selecting the desired programs, you can click on the Next button to continue.
- 5. The installation process starts. After finishing the installation process, click on Close to complete the installation.
- Necessary for running Java
- Free of cost
- Latest version with better performance
- Not able to update automatically
App Name: Java Runtime Environment (64-bit)
OS: Windows Vista64 / Windows 7 64 / Windows 8 64 / Windows 10 64
Latest Update: 2020-12-02
User Rating: 3.92
Category: Browsers and Plugins