Intel Wireless Display
Version: 6.0.60 Filesize: 122.63MB
- In English
Intel Wireless Display, more commonly known as just Wireless Display (WiDi)is a software that enables its users to stream different multimedia from their compatible computer to an HDTV either directly or through an adapter to non-compatible monitors or HDTVs. Wireless Display supports 1080p HD quality video, with surround sound 5.1, and with minimal lag between the PC and the TV screen. It is developed and published by Intel. In 2015 all support for WiDi was removed by Intel so that they could provide Miracast with more support, which is a standard software developed by Wi-Fi Alliance. Wi-Fi Alliance is a group of non-profit organizations which together develop different software with the Wi-Fi technology and also certifies other Wi-Fi products. Windows 10 comes with a built-in screen sharing function called Project which can mirror the PC screen on TV for Miracast Supported Device.
Using the Wireless Display Widget you can perform multitasking, for example, you can use the PC for checking e-mails while you stream a movie on TV through your PC. With the help of Intel Wireless Display, you can stream anything from you PC to your TV, let it be playing DVDs, or Blu-ray Discs. The software comes with support for 4K Ultra HD video quality and works with 5GHZ Wi-Fi standard compatibility.
- The primary function of the application is to stream any multimedia file, let it be audio or video, to a compatible TV around you from your PC (it can be anything laptop or desktop). The software doesn't require any wires or cables to connect to a TV.
- The TV can also be changed into an independent monitor; the software enables the PC to stream something on the PC while doing something different on the PC.
- The software is compatible to connect to any of the DLNA devices nearby, as its interface consists of only a single screen it starts with scanning the area for such devices. These devices should be capable of detecting your PCs connection and also should be able to playback the multimedia files that you share with it.
- You would be able to see the details of each connection, the signal strength, and the mode of operation. The software also requires an integrated graphics card to work well.
- The software is also compatible with smartphones and tablets. You can control your PC apps from your TV.
How to download for PC (Windows)?
- 1. Click on the Download button given on the top-right corner of the screen.
- 2. When you click on it, the installer starts downloading.
- 3. After the installer is downloaded, double-click on the setup to run it.
- 4. After the setup is started, specify the path for the installation files.
- 5. Once the software is installed, you're ready to share your screen with your TV.
- High-speed connections
- Doesn’t need cables or wired for making connections
- Stream multimedia in HD quality
- Occasionally disconnects without alert.
- Requires internet-enabled Wi-Fi connection