HD Tune Pro
Version: 5.7.05 Filesize: 2.1MB
- Open Source
- In English
HD Tune Pro is a software developed by the EFD software company, which is primarily a utility software capable of working and managing the SSD and the hard disk present on a PC or laptop. The software is licensed as Freeware or Shareware and is available only for the Windows Operating System. The software also has additional functions such as scanning the disk for errors, doing a performance check on the drive and checking the health status of the drive with the help of the SMART scanning method, secure deletion of the unwanted data or any other file given on the PC and many more functions.
The software was first released on February 12, 2008, the later versions were released with various support for the main application such as version 4.0 was released with support for the drives of above 2TB size, and it also added a fast read and write a test and a cache test. The latest updated version was released on August 4, 2017, is version 5.7 which was released with the support for Windows 10.
- The software comes with the facility to test your hard drive continuously and on a schedule.
- The software comes with support for all types of hard disks with a maximum capacity of 4TB. It is also capable of handling more than one drive.
- Can display the drive temperature and comes with a warning system. Recently the option for showing the drive serial number was also added.
- The program comes with a 15-day trial version and the full version can be bought from the official site.
- The software can not only support various HDDs of different types and sizes but also different SSDs of different brands.
- HD Tune Pro can also be controlled with the help of the command-line function.
How to download HD Tune Pro for your PC (Windows)?
- 1. To download HD Tune Pro for your PC click on the download button given on the top-right corner of the screen.
- 2. Once the button is clicked your download will start, wait while your browser downloads the required setup file.
- 3. Once the setup is downloaded, you can go to your browser's default download location and double-click on the downloaded file to run it. You can also run the file by right-clicking and selecting the option of Run as Administrator.
- 4. The setup starts the installation process, you will be first taken to the Welcome screen of the installation wizard.
- 5. Click on Next to continue with the installation process, you will be asked for your agreement to the End User's License Agreement, click on I Agree if you want to continue with the installation, click on Disagree to abort the installation.
- 6. Now you will be asked for the location you want your files to go; either select the default location given by the wizard or select a custom by writing the path of the location.
- 7. Now the main installation of your software begins; once the installation is finished, you will be asked to exit the setup after clicking on Finish.
- Your HD Tune Pro is downloaded, and you're ready to manage your hard disk.
- Reliable software
- Helps in decongesting the drive
- Few options