Version: 2.18.0 Filesize: 101.95MB
- Open Source
- In English
Geographic Information System is the computer program to obtain, process, monitor, and visualises information on Earth surface positions. A Geographic Information System allows people and organisations to understand better spatial patterns and relationships about otherwise unrelated data. In several procedures, systems, techniques and methods, this program is used. It is associated with several activities, including engineering, planning, management, transport/logistics, insurance, telecommunications, and industry. To obtain geographical Information, you can download GeoServer in your PC/Laptop. This software is straightforward to use and provides various other features.
GeoServer is a product of Open Source Geospatial Foundation; this software is written in Java programming language which is used to obtain, process and monitor geospatial data. It publishes data from any important spatial data source using open standards designed for interoperability. GeoServer has grown into a convenient way for connecting existing data to virtual globes as well as to web-based maps like OpenLayer, Leaflet, Google Maps and Bing Maps. As a guide for implementation of the Open Geospatial Consortium and Web Feature Service standard. This software also implements requirements about Web Map Service, Web Coverage and the Web Processing Service (WPS). In a free and open spatial data system, GeoServer intends to act as a node. This software also wants to do the same for geospatial info, just as the Apache HTTP Server has created a free and open web server for publishing HTML. All these features make this software very useful.
Features of GeoServer
- Various Data Formats- This software provides geospatial data and can read data in multiple formats like PostGIS, Oracle Spatial, ArcSDE, DB2, MySQL, MongoDB, Apache Solr and many more.
- Provide data in different formats- This software allows to preview different data layers with the help of integrated OpenLayers. You can obtain data in KML, GML, Shapefile, GeoRSS, PDF, GeoJSON, JPEG, GIF, SVG, PNG and many more.
- Integrate with existing mapping API- This software enables you to displays data on some of Google Maps, Google Earth, Yahoo Maps and Microsoft Virtual Earth's most common map applications. Geo Server can also connect to conventional GIS architectures like ESRI ArcGIS.
How to download GeoServer on Windows?
- 1- Just click on the download button and select a location where you want to download the GeoServer file.
- 2- After the download finishes, open the GeoServer software folder and extract the content from it.
- 3- Now open the GeoServer software folder and double click on the GeoServer setup file.
- 4- Now an installation window appears, now agree to License Agreement and select a location for installing GeoServer.
- 5- It will take a few minutes to install the GeoServer, Click on Finish button after installation.
- This software provides you with geospatial data.
- This software provides data in various formats.
- This software allows you to integrate with existing mapping APIs.
- This software can read data in various formats.
- You need the Java Runtime Environment to use this software.