Version: 5.0.5 Filesize: 8.78MB
- In English
Free VPN or Betternet Free VPN is a software for setting up a Virtual Private Network (VPN) or a VPN Proxy (developed by Betternet Technologies Inc.) so that the user can protect their privacy online. The software is one of the best VPNs that are available for free for a PC or laptop. The software easily enables you to access blocked sites and other content that may be blocked in your region. However, the primary function of the VPN is to keep you secure and safe against ISP monitoring, identity tracking, and connection spoofing. While building, the developers aimed to keep the software invisible and non-invasive while using the software.
Free VPN is made to provide its users the privacy, security, and access to every nook and corner of the web. The core technology of the VPN is made to spoof websites and ISPs about the origin of your computer's signal, which helps you to bypass region-based restrictions that are put over by governments mostly. The software also protects you against location-based trackers that try to track your location, such as some online services, websites, and ISPs. Currently, the software supports regions and servers from Canada, France, Japan, Australia, United Kingdom, United States, Germany, Netherlands, Hong Kong, and Singapore. Though the only downside of the app is that the free version has a data cap, and data transferring speed is slow, which affects torrenting and the download of large files, and Netflix blo0cks all the servers of the software, so streaming is almost impossible.
- Safe for everyday use and also available for free-of-cost without any validity or license expiry date.
- No ads from the software on the browser; it is easy to use and install. The installation process takes a few clicks, and the installation is done; no activation key or registration is required.
- Integrations and browser extensions are available for both Firefox and Chrome so that you don't need to always start the VPN software for using it; if you only need to browse the net, you can use the browser integration.
- The software's automatic routing method allows you to be connected to the best and most optimal server based on your current location and speed of the internet.
- The software has a strict no-log policy that does not allow it to log any data anywhere on the computer and doesn't share it online. The data transferred via Free VPN is 100% encrypted with transaction-level encryption.
How to download Free VPN for your PC?
- 1. To download Free VPN by Betternet for your PC, click on the following download button on the screen's top-right corner.
- 2. Once you've clicked on the download button, your download will start; once the download is complete, open the downloaded file either straight from your browser or go to the default downloads folder and double-click on the downloaded file.
- 3. The above steps would start the installation process, and you will then be taken to a new Welcome window of the setup. Click Next to go to the next windows, and there it shows you the End User's Agreement, which has the terms and conditions for installing the software.
- 4. If you agree with the installation of Free VPN, click on I Agree to continue to the next screen; if you click on Disagree, then the process stops, and you will exit the setup. Now, after this process, you will be taken to the next screen.
- 5. On the next screen, you will be asked to specify the location where you want the installation files of the software to go. This location can be pre-defined by the wizard, or you can enter a custom location of your choice.
- 6. Now the final process of the software installation takes place where you don't need to do anything and wait patiently till the VPN is installed.
- 7. Once installed to the software is ready to be used for protecting your privacy.
- No registration required
- Bank transaction-level encryption
- Unlimited usage validity
- Simple and straightforward interface
- The free version has limited features
- Advertisements of the app are disruptive