Version: 26.3.01 Filesize: 296MB
- Open Source
- In English
Finale is developed by Phil Farrand and is published by MakeMusic; the software is available for macOS and Microsoft Windows operating systems. It was initially released in 1988, and the latest version was released on June 30, 2020. since it was first released Finale has become one of the standards for music notation industry. The primary purpose of Finale is to make sheet music, which includes making a score for the entire ensemble (example – concert band, orchestra, big band, etc.) and it is also able to create individual parts for each instrument.
Finale is one of the many software used by songwriters, arrangers and composers for creating sheet music. A scorewriter (or a sheet music writer) is as essential to a songwriter as a word processor is to words, both come with options for fast corrections (through the undo button), easy content sharing (through different storage media or internet), editing, for providing with a uniform, clean layout. Finale plays a vital part for a music composer, as it can work with software-based synthesizers to for recording notations and music, and also for playing the notated music. For newbie composers, the software can help in playing the sounds they are composing, when they cant hire a musician to play it for them because they can't afford it or if musicians are not available.
- Create music your way- The software gives freedom to the creator, to create their masterpiece any way they want and in any manner they want. With Finale you can make anything that your heart desires let it be a simple lead sheet, something like a Broadway score or something else unique and unorthodox, you have to start composing, and Finale will support you in the rest.
- Listening - Finale has a library of great sounds that can inspire you, and help you to make something great of your own that would inspire your audience. It comes with a unique Human Playback which can play your composed sounds like a human can, nuances included. Finale also packs many Garritan sounds that make a stunning realism.
- Note editing- Editing your music notes with Finale can help you grow from where you currently are, the software lets you instantly edit notes and make changes to the measures, keys and helps in the successful transformation of your music. The software also has intelligent inputs which will war you if you've written a note out of an instrument's range.
- Sharing music- Sharing music is like sharing love, kindness and hope, promoting this thought Finale creates your music notes in a format which can be shared to-and-fro, with Finale users and users of other software. The music files are made in the MusicXML format, which can be converted and shared through any format you prefer. It can use audio file, printed music sheet, PDFs or any other format, whatever you need to give your best performance Finale comes with it.
How to download Finale on PC (Windows)?
- 1. Click the download button given on the top-right corner of the screen to download the setup.
- 2. Once the Finale setup is downloaded, click on the downloaded file to start the installation process.
- 3. The installation wizard will show and ask for the permission regarding the End Users Agreement, click on I Agree to continue the installation.
- 4. The wizard will ask you to give the location where the installation files would be stored. You can change this path or go with the default one.
- 5. Once the installation process is over, you're ready to run Finale to compose or edit music sheets.
- Several features
- Highly professional software which gives good results
- Extensive help and support available
- The learning curve is pretty steep.