Version: 12.1 Filesize: 6.33MB
- In English
Looking for a command-line application that allows you to quickly and efficiently edit meta-information? Well then look no further as ExifTool is the perfect software for you? ExifTool is a Perl library that lets you read, write, and edit meta-information quickly and efficiently. ExifTool is simple and easy to use command-line application. ExifTool supports a variety of different formats and files. ExifTool has been tested by experts, and it has been shown to work on over 1000 different camera models. ExifTool is one of the best tools in the market for this particular niche.
Formats supported by ExifTool
- JPEG, TIFF, PDF, RAW, EXIF, GPS, IPTC, XMP, JFIF, AFCP AND ID3.
Camera makers notes Supported by ExifTool
- ExifTool supports Canon, Casio, DJI, FLIR, Fuji Film, GE, GoPro, HP, JVC/Victor, Kodak, Leaf, Minolta/Konica-Minolta, Motorola, Nikon, Nintendo, Olympus/Epson, Panasonic/Leica, Pentax/Asahi, Phase One, Reconyx, Ricoh, Samsung, Sanyo, Sigma, Foveon, and Sony.
Main Features of ExifTool
- ExifTool is incredibly simple and easy to use and does not give up on any functionality.
- Powerful – ExifTool is incredibly powerful and has extremely good performance.
- Formats – ExifTool supports an incredibly wide variety of different file formats.
- Camera Maker Notes – ExifTool supports a wide variety of camera makers notes like Canon, Casio, DJI, FLIR, Fuji Film, GE.
- Customizable – ExifTool is incredibly customizable and you can adapt it to your needs.
- Speed – ExifTool is extremely fast, faster than almost every other tool in the same niche.
- Multilingual – ExifTool has multilingual output, which can be very helpful.
- Formatting – ExifTool allows you to format the output data in a wide variety of ways.
- Geotagging images – ExifTool allows you to geotag data easily from GPS data.
- ExifTool allows you to quickly change the time value in the timestamps.
- ExifTool allows you to convert images into text output files.
- ExifTool allows you to read and write XMP information easily.
- ExifTool lets you take out a variety of different images from RAW files, which is an extremely convenient feature.
- Tags – ExifTool recognizes an extremely wide variety of Tags and it allows the user to create and use custom tags.
- Organization – ExifTool organizes all the output data for the user.
- Deletion – ExifTool allows you to quickly delete metadata individually or in groups.
- ExifTool allows you to set conditions based on the metadata within the files.
How to use ExifTool?
After it has been downloaded, click on the ExifTool app icon to open. On opening ExifTool, you will notice that it has a very simple user interface, it only has a single work area where the data is displayed.
How to get ExifTool?
You can get ExifTool by following these steps –
- 1. Click on the download button to start installing ExifTool.
- 2. Download and open the ExifTool installer.
- 3. Read the ExifTool ToS (Terms of Service) and agree to it.
- 4. Read the ExifTool License agreement and click on agree.
- 5. Select the destination folder for ExifTool and wait for it to install.
- 6. You can now use ExifTool anytime you want.
- Simple user interface.
- Supports many formats.
- Supports a wide number of camera models.
- ExifTool is extremely fast and powerful.
- Can be confusing for beginners.