ESET NOD32 Antivirus (32-bit)
- Open Source
- In English
ESET NOD32 is an award-winning antivirus; Virus Bulletin awarded it with 100 VB100 Malware Detection awards. VB100 is an award-certification which is given to an anti-malware solution only when it meets a set of basic standards which includes the detection of 99.5% of malware samples which are listed in 'Into the Wild' by the WildList Organization. The ESET NOD32 (64-bit) is a fast antivirus that protects you from web threats, viruses, spyware and malware. It is advanced, and continually updating technology helps it in protecting the user against increasing cyber threats and other malicious content. With its included Cybersecurity tips and techniques you can explore online without worrying about data loss or getting hacked.
- Windows: Microsoft Windows 7 or above with SP1 and latest KB updates installed
- MAC: macOS 10.12.x or higher
- Linux: Debian, RedHat, Ubuntu, OpenSUSE, Fedora, Mandriva and a majority of RPM and DEB distributions
The cutting edge technology of the ESET NOD32 provides maximum protection against phishing. It can prevent attempts of data theft and stealth of other sensitive information such as usernames, passwords, bank information etc. by unknown or fake websites.
Social Media protection
The newly added feature of Social Media Scanners in ESET NOD32 extends the security to your social media accounts which will make your online experience even safer so that you don't have to worry about getting phished while talking to a loved one. With ESET NOD32, you can also manage the visibility of your private information that appears on social media.
Small system footprint
The antivirus is relatively light on the system resources, you can multitask, and the antivirus won't slow you down. It also has minimal power usage; in the battery-saving mode, you can play, work and browse the internet without worrying about losing more battery power than usual. The load on the hardware is less, which increases its life.
The scanning in ESET NOD32 is cloud-based which whitelists safe files based on a reputation database. The ESET NOD32 comes with a Gamer Mode, switch it on while playing games and play with getting interrupted by notifications or pop-ups. It is an 'install and forget' type antivirus, which means the installing, renewing and upgrading processes are all designed as routine task and are very simple. The automatic updation of the software allows it to stay up-to-date and deliver constant protection against newly emerging threats. The Device Control enables the antivirus to monitor files and prevent any unauthorized copying of the data to an external hard drive preventing data theft.
Last but not least, the support provided by the antivirus in a wide variety of languages makes it more user-friendly. The process of transferring your license is also straightforward. You can transfer your license for a different device like a macOS or Linux operating system.
How to install on PC?
- 1. Uninstall any antivirus previously installed on PC.
- 2. Download the ESET NOD32 installer file by clicking on the download button given on the top-right corner of the screen and then double-click the downloaded file to begin the installation.
- 3. In the Install ESET Security tab, click Continue.
- 4. Review the End-user Agreement. Click, I Accept.
- 5. In the Choose an activation option, click Use a purchased License Key. Enter your License Key and click Continue.
- 6. Select your preference for ESET Live Detection and Grid of Potentially Unwanted Applications. Click Continue.
- 7. Select your choice for the Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP) and click Continue.
- 8. Click Done, and you will exit the installation wizard.
- Outstanding interface
- Scans even emails
- Import and export settings
- Very effective
- Lacks functions
App Name: ESET NOD32 Antivirus (32-bit)
License: Open Source
OS: Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10
Latest Update: 2020-12-23
Developer: ESET, LLC.
User Rating: 4.7