- Open Source
- In English
Looking for a nice and easy to use free text editor for your 32-Bit Windows PC? Well then look no further than Emacs, as it is the perfect software for you. Emacs is an efficient, easy to use and modifiable libre text editor for 32-Bit Windows systems. Emacs helps in interpreting the Libre programming language. Libre is a programming language that is used for text editing and modification. Emacs has many different manuals for the user to see, with the source code for each manual being available. Emacs has multilingual support, meaning it used across the world.
Main Features of Emacs
- User Interface (UI) – Emacs has an incredibly straight forward and easy to use user interface (UI).
- Beginner Friendly – Emacs is incredibly beginner-friendly. Emacs has many different manuals for the user to read and it even has the source code available. Emacs also has tutorials for the user to learn how to use the program.
- Emacs has Unicode support for just about every available script.
- Customization – Emacs is highly customizable; you can customize and modify the user interface according to how you like it.
- Emacs also has additional tools like a planner, calendar, debugger, and more.
- Emacs also has support for installing extra extensions.
- Emacs now has a brand-new system user file for the user.
- Emacs now also lets you connect to your Google Drive for easy transfer of files.
- Emacs now has a completely unique single line scrolling mode, which is very convenient.
- The flymake feature in Emacs has been completely revamped and has been improved upon.
- Emacs now supports 24-bit colors on the text terminal features, which is very nice in my opinion.
- Speed and Performance – Emacs is extremely quick and efficient and does not lag or buffer.
How to use Emacs?
Click on the Emacs icon to open it, after it has been downloaded. The top part of the Emacs interface has a taskbar with the File, Edit, Options, Buffers, Tools, and Help tabs. You can switch between the tabs by clicking on them. Below this taskbar is the Emacs Toolbar, which has the icons for many different features and tools. Below that is the Work area where you can see the Emacs tutorials, The Emacs Manuals, Warranty, and more. You can start working by clicking on the Open file option, which is below the Emacs Work area. The bottom part of the Emacs interface has information about the GNU system.
How to get Emacs?
You can get Emacs by following these steps –
- 1. Click on the download button to start installing Emacs.
- 2. Download and open the Emacs installer.
- 3. Read the Emacs ToS (Terms of Service) and agree to it.
- 4. Read the Emacs License agreement and click on agree.
- 5. Select the destination folder for Emacs and wait for it to install.
- 6. You can now use Emacs anytime you want.
- Easy to use.
- Has tutorials and manuals.
- Beginner friendly.
- Supports installing extra extensions.
- Connection with google drive.
- Can be a bit limited in a few areas.
App Name: Emacs (32-bit)
License: Open Source
OS: Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10
Latest Update: 2020-12-03
Developer: Free Software Foundation
User Rating: 3.59
Category: Developer Tools